Captain
# 11
05-26-2013, 07:09 AM
thanks for lagging me out into a double post, failforums
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 12
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
I personally only ever leave when there is no realistic way to finish the match in less than 20 minutes (or at all). Im not gonna sit in an STF for an hour watching the other four guys rack up injuries/damage while i try to solo donatras ship or the lance using borg unis
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
Captain
# 13
05-26-2013, 07:23 AM
"Leaver" is the alternate spelling for "Leecher". One sits and lets all the others do the work. The other bails on the team because he gets his nose out of joint over something ridiculous. The end result is exactly the same. Everyone else on the team gets screwed out of the rewards they've worked for.

Wrote it. Mean it.
Ensign
# 14
05-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Why not make like SWTOR pvp? You may hate the game, but the system works so well because is really simple:

1. You have to leave the spawn zone in a certain time, if not,y ou get booted. In STO it can be just simple as moving a bit. As long as you "move", you would be free from the kick timer.

2. You can start a kicking vote that can be nullified if the player engages in combat. That is good for two reasons: A. Kicks people who is leeching and; B. Avoid people getting kicked by bullies (I?ve seen groups kicking people because they didn?t agree on NEED/GREED in a very arbitrary form, like keeping the loot just for the friends that got with them in the Ops/Dungeon/Raid, etc, I actually saw this happening in SWTOR and was one of the reasons I left for now, because there the system used in PVP is different from the one used in PVE).

3. You get replacements for leavers! If people select here "any" game, and you get a leaver, that person would instantly join your group. I "think" it already works here like that, but I?m not 100% sure how common it is. In SWTOR you have way more disconnects/leavers (which I think is common thing in PVP in general, in any game, and when I talk about STO here, I?m just speaking about PVE, I seldomly engane in PVP because people don?t PVP much here and I hate waiting).

I?m sorry for all the extra comments, but I think they make everything more clear. Summing up: Get a timer for spawn zone, if you don?t move, you get kicked; a team can initiate a kick timer, but it ends if the player engages in combat and finally, get players fast to replace leavers.
Career Officer
# 15
05-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Would it be a solution to give absolutly nothing to leechers. So they get no items no dillitium no marks so absolutly nothing.

Damage done etc its logged, so if someone has low damage done they get nothing.
Republic Veteran
# 16
05-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenmet View Post
Would it be a solution to give absolutly nothing to leechers. So they get no items no dillitium no marks so absolutly nothing.

Damage done etc its logged, so if someone has low damage done they get nothing.
Not a good system, as it punishes healers who may not do much damage at all.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
# 17
05-26-2013, 07:57 AM
PvP counts your healing, im sure a pve system could as well.
Commander
# 18
05-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
Not a good system, as it punishes healers who may not do much damage at all.
You've obviously not played CE recently, there is a system for that, not perfect but it definitely recognized basic activity. Iv'e seen pure heal boats place 1st
Career Officer
# 19
05-26-2013, 08:23 AM
What about people that leave say the fleet red alert due to lower level players joining?

I ask this because I do pugs for the fleet parks and 99% of them are fine but one I did not to long ago had 3 VA's (I was one), A Captain and a Lt commander, when we got to the second wave the other 2 VA's just left (rage quit imo) because it took a little longer than normal to take down the first wave. Now I stayed because you get fleet marks anyway. We managed to get to the final wave but did not beat it because we just didn't have the DPS required. If the other 2 had stayed we would have won easily..........

So in my honest opinion those two VA's that left are stupid, its not like Fleet red alert can go on forever because its timed! They had nothing to loose by staying but because they didn't want to carry the 2 lower levels a little they left.
Lieutenant
Been there, done that several times. And yes, I will continue to leave a match, when a leecher is present....mostly within the first 5 minutes But before I do that, I'll file a report with spot on evidence (screenshots from the perpetrator, hitting 'need' on everything) and encourage my team mates to do so as well. Not to forget adding the leecher to my ignore list. We already have a nice gallery of screenshots in an 'STO - Hall of Shame' thread on our fleet website

To paint me with the same brush with a leecher is definitely not appropriate.

THEY are ruin the game, letting others do the donkey work and grabbin the rewards - NOT ME!!!

And I honestly don't care about the leaver penalty...I have 4 other lvl 50 toons to do STF's, fleet actions, whatever...

It is my very good right to leave and report those guys and I'm determined to do so in the future. How do you think you'll ever address the problem properly to GM, if you don't report them?

If you need a nice & free screenshot tool: http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm