Ensign
Hi,

I am a new player to STO who wants to play and see various aspects of STO to confirm whether I can enjoy this game. I have been looking to see a build which allows me to start as a silver player and enjoy all PVE aspects of the game. I have found few links here and there like Reddit url1 and Reddit url2. I got confused with the new changes in LoR. So could someone parse through these and confirm whether these builds are still valid?(heard something that the traits have changed). My thanks to those who have taken the time to read through this content.

Cheers and have a nice day
Captain
# 2
05-26-2013, 05:01 AM
The bridge officer lay out in the first link was so bad I had to stop reading .
Go for the Hilbert Guide .
It may be for PVP , but aside for the use of Hazard Emitters (science bridge officer power -- a better choice for PVE) it's a good all around build guide .

http://hilbertguide.com/

For specific ships , you will also get more info here :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=427091

As to Traits , it's true they were updated (you have 8 instead of 4 -- 9 if you pick Alien as a starter spices) , and most of it is either very new or not much changed .
Ppl still reccomend Accuracy in space and some form of endurance (preferably from weapons fire) on ground .

The rest is up to you .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Ensign
# 3
05-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am going through them. I will probably build a cruiser and try out the build mentioned in hilbert guide.

Cheers