Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
I guess you didn't see the part where it WAS NOT THE CAPS LOCK!

And using the bare assertion fallacy proves nothing, other than you can make bare assertions.

Are you "in the know", or are you just like me? A regular old player?

You are not the only one who knows how to use the "caps lock", sorry to burst that bubble.
Thats not what he said. And he is right.

"I'm willing to bet that Almost all the people saying they were hacked, simply made the mistake of not realizing that usernames and passwords in this game are case sensitive." I'd put money on it.

If, you genuinly get "hacked" then there is more than likely a keylogger on your computer obtained from "unsafe" websites and lack of computer security.

Cannot say that enough.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
I take it you're just stupid. thats ok.

I also bet you had your WoW accoutnt hacked and blamed blizzard. Oh wait, you're probably goign to deny you even played that game.

As for caps, that means it's emphasising a point. I guess you're just really clueless towards computer security.

MMO's are required to have an extremely strong Security system, especially triple A MMO's. If they ever got hacked, even if a hacker didnt steal anything whatsoever, the developer and publisher are required BY LAW, to make a full public announcement immediatly, outlining what happened, and what steps are being taken to resolve it.

keep on trying to say i'm wrong though, but remember, shifting blame never absolves you of it.
Wow, bunch of adults in here today!

Do you feel more important when you push others down? Do others have to be less than you for you to wake up in the morning?

Bare assertion falllacy:
Quote:
he bare assertion fallacy is a fallacy in formal logic where a premise in an argument is assumed to be true merely because it says that it is true.
How about some proof, instead of your opinion
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razski View Post
Thats not what he said. And he is right.

"I'm willing to bet that Almost all the people saying they were hacked, simply made the mistake of not realizing that usernames and passwords in this game are case sensitive." I'd put money on it.

If, you genuinly get "hacked" then there is more than likely a keylogger on your computer obtained from "unsafe" websites and lack of computer security.

Cannot say that enough.
Thank you Razski, and I have already checked for a keylogger.

This ONLY has happened while ingame. Upon logging out, then trying to log in here, I find my password has changed.

(Password was all numbers, so what now Caps lockers?) BAM!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:

Do you feel more important when you push others down? Do others have to be less than you for you to wake up in the morning?
Yes on both counts [edit]
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
Yes on both counts ****'ead
And I'm the nutter, right.

Anyway, back to the topic...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
In some of those threads, the OP has returned to state that it was an error on their part.
In addition, the "invalid login/password" error pops up when the account server can't authenticate your account name/pass for any reason...like if the authentication server were say, down, or overburdened.

I've gotten that error a half dozen times and have changed nothing about my account. It's fixed itself every time. I will get the error, try again later, and log in with the same information.

I love that you create a thread to cry about non-existent security breaches and then, in the same post, poke fun at case-sensitive passwords when case sensitive actually adds a layer of security and is an intentional choice.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Wow, bunch of adults in here today!

Bare assertion falllacy:

How about some proof, instead of your opinion

Before you accuse me of being childish, maybe you should read your own posts. You are trolling, flaming. and inciting arguments.

Here let me make it clear for you.

Cryptic and Atari are both required by law to inform everyone should even a minor breach of security occur, Even in beta.

Any threat to account security will come from you. Be it a keylogger, typing your account name and password into a phishing site, or using the same ingame name as your login. It is NOT cryptics fault. If it was, why would they just pick one or two accounts when they have tens of thousands they can get.

All in all, i see logic isn;t your strong point, and to that fact, neither is common sense and rational thinking.
Go ahead, try to say im wrong, try to troll me, i guarantee you, you will come worse off and looking more of a fool than usual.

And what exactly do you want proof of? That you are not an idiot? That a major MMO developer with years of experience allowed their entire accoutn system to be hacked, and the hacker targeted YOU?

Grow up.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I've been the victim of a keylogger in the past, and now whenever i get even slightly paranoid about a keylogger, I back up everything i want to keep and format my pc (thouroughly checking all my backed up files for virus' too).

I'm not suggesting you should do that too, but if you've checked for a keylogger and have not found one, but your pass is still being changed.. I'd format immidiatly and get a friend to change my password on a computer I know to be keylogger free.

If it happens after that, (without going on any sites which may have keyloggers) then, and only then will it be cryptics fault. Possibly thru some kind of bug with your created account. I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanla View Post
In some of those threads, the OP has returned to state that it was an error on their part.
In addition, the "invalid login/password" error pops up when the account server can't authenticate your account name/pass for any reason...like if the authentication server were say, down, or overburdened.

I've gotten that error a half dozen times and have changed nothing about my account. It's fixed itself every time. I will get the error, try again later, and log in with the same information.
Thank you! I had not seen anyone who had tried doing nothing, next time (if) this happens I will follow your instructions. If it resolves itself, then no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanla View Post
I love that you create a thread to cry about non-existent security breaches and then, in the same post, poke fun at case-sensitive passwords when case sensitive actually adds a layer of security and it an intentional choice.
Also, I made this thread to get responses. If anything, that is what was lacking from the ones I quoted from. Taking a page from the Media, I made a sensationalistic headline. It is very possible that accounts are/were getting hacked. And that headline got me answers to a problem that Cryptic would not solve. Or at least give me an "adult" answer for. Of course, look at the other posters in this thread. I understand now why their (Cryptic) answers are so layman.

Thank you again!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
[color="Orange"]
Before you accuse me of being childish, maybe you should read your own posts. You are trolling, flaming. and inciting arguments.

Here let me make it clear for you.

Cryptic and Atari are both required by law to inform everyone should even a minor breach of security occur, Even in beta.
Ah, and when do they tell you? I have gotten NO ANSWER EITHER WAY.

Bare assertion fallacy, care to fix that? Or are you just going to ad-hominem some more?

Quote:
grow up
Ah, never-mind then.