Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post

It is very possible that accounts are/were getting hacked.

No. No it isn't at all. Quit trying to start rumours, or buying into conspirarcy theories.




On second thoughts, i changed my mind, keep going. It's giving me and every other rational thinking person a good old laugh at your expense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

No. No it isn't at all. Quit trying to start rumours, or buying into conspirarcy theories.
Bare assertion fallacy:
Quote:
The bare assertion fallacy is a fallacy in formal logic where a premise in an argument is assumed to be true merely because it says that it is true.
You need some proof dear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Ah, and when do they tell you? I have gotten NO ANSWER EITHER WAY.

Bare assertion fallacy, care to fix that? Or are you just going to ad-hominem some more?


Ah, never-mind then.

Keep on trolling. You;re just making yourself look stupid.


they are required by law to inform the public immediatly, as soon as they know about it. Having gotten no answer means they havent had a breach, and being in beta, you wouldnt have gotten an answer saying they havent either.

As for basic assertion fallacy, do you even know what that means, because you're using it incorrectly to try and substantiate an argument you are failing at.


I agree i shouldnt have used the "grow up" part, and for that i apologise.


I could have sucesfully used the phrase, Please destroy your computer, as you are obviously too stupid to use it correctly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

On second thoughts, i changed my mind, keep going. It's giving me and every other rational thinking person a good old laugh at your expense.


Exactly what i was thinking
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Bare assertion fallacy:

You need some proof dear.
Pot and kettle, meet black.


And with that, im out. Enjoy your conspirary throery, which is it, regardless of whether i said it was, or someone else did. You might get a few followers with it, but i'm betting, the majority of "dumb" players stayed behind with wow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Keep on trolling. You;re just making yourself look stupid.


they are required by law to inform the public immediatly, as soon as they know about it. Having gotten no answer means they havent had a breach, and being in beta, you wouldnt have gotten an answer saying they havent either.

As for basic assertion fallacy, do you even know what that means, because you're using it incorrectly to try and substantiate an argument you are failing at.


I agree i shouldnt have used the "grow up" part, and for that i apologise.


I could have sucesfully used the phrase, Please destroy your computer, as you are obviously too stupid to use it correctly.
You keep saying these things are true, and provide no evidince other than your opinion. THAT is a bare assertion fallacy.

Keep insulting me, it makes you look smarter I suppose...

I am ASKING CRYPTIC if we are being hacked. Why have they not said no? DEVs are on here 24/7, least I have read that in other threads. Where is the NO answer?

Bare assertions will not cut it, I want to hear it from the horses mouth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Pot and kettle, meet black.


And with that, im out. Enjoy your conspirary throery, which is it, regardless of whether i said it was, or someone else did. You might get a few followers with it, but i'm betting, the majority of "dumb" players stayed behind with wow.
Yeah, my list of threads with the same problem is way less than you have provided. Thank you for leaving, do not let the door hit you on the way out!

PS Never have played WoW, Alpha/Beta AC and played LotR till Mines came out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-19-2010, 09:57 AM
OMG.

This is the message you get when there is no response from the login server. This happens when the login server goes down between openning the client and authentication, or if their is just no response due to whatever reason (like its swamped). Although, I suppose it could also be because of actually having used the wrong information. I've gotten this message numerous times since open beta started (only very rarely in closed beta or in Champions, but the login server wasn't usually swamped with those) and have never changed my password and am always able to login normally shortly thereafter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Look man, you're barking up the wrong tree. It's possible that even very high latencies and server load can cause this issue along with user error.

You immediately attack anyone who posts anything contrary to what you believe. That doesn't strike me as open minded. I can't say this enough. As a matter of fact, I'm going to add it to my sig because I've had to write it many times already.

According to Cisco:
"40% of all computer related problems are user error."
HP IT Essentials: Cisco Networking Academy Program, Cisco Systems, Inc.

I have had more than my fair share of "invalid username". I've also had my fair share of "You are not allowed to log in at this time". That's right. Invalid username and I simply try again about 2-3 times and I am able to get in just fine.

This is a combination of user error and problems with high latencies and load on the login server. It's nothing to freak out about and certainly demonstrates your lack of ability to stand corrected with dignity. You suggest that quite a few people here are just regular old gamers like yourself, but be fore-warned. There are quite a few Network Administrators and Information Technology Specialists that play this game and peruse these forums. Some of those are Security+ certified.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
OMG.

This is the message you get when there is no response from the login server. This happens when the login server goes down between openning the client and authentication, or if their is just no response due to whatever reason (like its swamped). Although, I suppose it could also be because of actually having used the wrong information. I've gotten this message numerous times since open beta started (only very rarely in closed beta or in Champions, but the login server wasn't usually swamped with those) and have never changed my password and am always able to login normally shortly thereafter.
This is a bare assertion fallacy, PROVE THAT IT IS THE MESSAGE.

I want to see a DEV post stating this, not your opinion. I am sorry.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.