Lt. Commander
# 1 Game crashing Genesis Missions
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
When i try to do a Genesis Mission the game gets stuck on the loading screen and then freezes. The only way to get out of it is to do a manual re-start.

Anybody got any ideas why.

I should also say that the rest of the game runs smoothly and without any problems at all.

I think the crash only happens when entering a mission that you have to beam down to a planet . But don't quote me on that. Other Genesis missions like patrols or an away mission on a base seem to work fine.

sometimes it happens when i try to enter the system , sometimes once i enter the system and then try to beam down to the planet.

Don't know if i'm getting an error as i can't get out of the loading screen.

any help would be appreceaited

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Anyone got any ideas ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
When i try to do a Genesis Mission the game gets stuck on the loading screen and then freezes. The only way to get out of it is to do a manual re-start.
I've never had crashing on Genesis (randomized) missions before. But I do know that there are far more bugs associated with these missions than scripted ones. I've seen problems getting these missions to function properly all the way through (ie: objectives don't complete, sometimes completely void of any objectives, and at other times buggy entry points with stuck BOs, etc., etc.).

So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hopefully the bugs will be patched at release. I'd go enjoy the more scripted missions if I were you, along with the "secure sector" missions for extra XP. Plenty of XP and things to do in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 03:28 AM
thnx for the reply, i'm hoping it is just a bug as it's really annoying atm