Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
First, a little info about me;
I preordered the deluxe edition of the game back when it was released. Im a lifetimer, and also preordered $$ expensive version of the Legacy Pack.

Ever since the game has gone free to play, I have purchased zen dozens of times before on my account page.
I don't use steam or anything like that for my purchases.
I always keep using the same credit card, and same paypal account for my purchases.
LAST TIME I purchased any zen was about 5 days ago, on the 22th of this month, in lieue of the release of the romulus expansion.
Even that last transaction a few days ago quite went flawlessly, AS USUAL.

NOW, about 15-20 minutes ago, I tried to purchase more Zen in vain, BUT the Money was still withdrawn from my bank account.

I logged in to my account page as usual.
Chose the necessary amount of zen.
Chose paypal payment option as usual.
Than proceeded to login to paypal (as I always do) and completed the transaction.

BUT HERE IS THE JIGGY, when the transaction was completed, I was on my PW transaction history page, WITH NO HISTORY OF MY RECENT TRANSACTION, at all!
It wasn't completed, it wasn't pending, its not there, not there in any way.
I waited about 15 more minutes, refreshed the page etc, but nada, NO MORE ZEN, and no transaction of the latest zen purchase.

Ok, maybe (and thats a big maybe) I didnt have any money lefT in my credit card account?
I checked into my bank page, and it not only shows that I had much more than enough to pay for the zen transaction, but the payment (as Always) has even been made!

Back to the PW account page; still no transaction or the extra zen available that I purchased.
WTF is going on? And can I have my zen or money back, please?
Thank you kindly.
PS! I tried contacting a GM about this first, but I get the message; ''cannot connect'' bla bla when I try that.
Any advice would be appriciated.
Career Officer
# 2
05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Go to this link here and open up a ticket under the Contact Us tab. For category, use the Billing option and then describe the issue there. Unfortunately none of us here can help you.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 3
05-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Be advised, Support is very overloaded with tickets at the moment, wait times are long.

You may be better served to call Billing Support directly. With Monday being a holiday, you may have to wait until Tuesday.
Career Officer
# 4
05-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Go to this link here and open up a ticket under the Contact Us tab. For category, use the Billing option and then describe the issue there. Unfortunately none of us here can help you.
This is what I have just done, thanks to your advice. You not only did put up a link to follow, but even provided me with further instructions to follow. Much appriciated. And as I said, the ticket has been sent.

@elessym; Thank you for your reply, too
And yeah, what you are saying makes sense.
But I wonder,
Since the transaction was never completed to begin with, I COULNT TRANSFER THE ZEN to my STO/Holodeck account.
So, ultimately, it is not directly a STO issue, but a Perfect World issue, is it not?
So on my ticket, it is listed as; web page - transaction-billing bla bla.
Coz, sure, I WAS trying to buy zen for STO,, but I could never buy the zen itself...

I swear im not the complaining type, especially when it comes to STO coz I have shed so much money on this, I want this game to succeed... Haha, my Money is riding on it.,,
But seriously, BESIDES the bugs-a-million situation since the last patch (which is understandable), THIS TRANSACTION ISSUE is unfortunately is getting a Little on my nerves ...........I mean the transaction is not even pended or declined.......its non-existen, BUT my money is gone... lol!
But ofcourse, its not you guys's fault, and I thank u again for your replies.
Captain
# 5
05-26-2013, 08:54 PM
I dug up an old email. It looks like Billing Support is available 7 days a week

Quote:
If you have questions regarding your payment, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Department by sending us an email through the Ticketing System, or by telephone at 1-888-344-4478 (phone hours are 10am to 7pm PDT
Also, you might check your PayPal account to see if they have a record of the transaction, I suppose it's possible that something in PayPal glitched and they took the money from your CC but didn't forward it to PWE.
Community Moderator
# 6
05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
I dug up an old email. It looks like Billing Support is available 7 days a week

Also, you might check your PayPal account to see if they have a record of the transaction, I suppose it's possible that something in PayPal glitched and they took the money from your CC but didn't forward it to PWE.
I have actually had this happen to me before (Not when purchasing zen but something else a bit ago) so it is ultimately possible. However like everyone else has said, if paypal SHOWS a transaction to PWE contact them and they will resolve it!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 7
05-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Guys! Thank you for the replies and extra information! Every little bit helps!
But unfortunately, I just checked my paypal account, and they show the transaction as ''completed''.
And I mean like it really, really seems to be completed, even when looking at the details section, everything there seems to be the way it should be.
SO NOT ONLY does my credit card account show as the transaction has been made, but so does even my paypal account

I guess now I'll have to try calling them or something as suggested above... I wonder if they are open errr... in europ? timezone,, or guess i'll have to wait till evening..