Career Officer
# 1 Romulans, the KDF needs you :)
05-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I've been seeing a lot of what side should I pick debated in the flotilla chat, and I can understand for new players it's probabyl hard to decide without knowing the existing playing field of the game.

The Klingon faction is in dire need of numbers, it's not brokenly underpopulated, but it really needs more players, more active fleets and more people in it's pve qeues.

Much of the disparity as far as pve content or lack of things to do has been resolved for the Klingon side, we know have a full PVE experience, a fairly diverse range of ships , including ships that represent the varied species that are part of the empire.

Romulan Klingon allied players are a boon to the KDF, it not only enhances our gameplay, but enhances the game as a whole, having two evenly populated factions will only attract more interest to the game, and to the growth of STO in content as a result.

I won't deny the federation experience might be a bit more of an easy ride, with more fleets sporting top tier starbases, but part of the fun of the game is participating in the building of the bases, the sense of comraderie and accomplishment, something that joining an existing large fleet might rob you of if new to STO.

So if you don't mind a little more challenge and want to help the KDF grow, consider the Empire.

Also, you can dress like a member of kiss and have a crew of green skinned women in bikinis run the bridge....
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Super Moderator
# 2
05-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krovan View Post
Also, you can dress like a member of kiss and have a crew of green skinned women in bikinis run the bridge....
This made me LOL because it's SO true!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 3
05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krovan View Post
I've been seeing a lot of what side should I pick debated in the flotilla chat, and I can understand for new players it's probabyl hard to decide without knowing the existing playing field of the game.

The Klingon faction is in dire need of numbers, it's not brokenly underpopulated, but it really needs more players, more active fleets and more people in it's pve qeues.

Much of the disparity as far as pve content or lack of things to do has been resolved for the Klingon side, we know have a full PVE experience, a fairly diverse range of ships , including ships that represent the varied species that are part of the empire.

Romulan Klingon allied players are a boon to the KDF, it not only enhances our gameplay, but enhances the game as a whole, having two evenly populated factions will only attract more interest to the game, and to the growth of STO in content as a result.

I won't deny the federation experience might be a bit more of an easy ride, with more fleets sporting top tier starbases, but part of the fun of the game is participating in the building of the bases, the sense of comraderie and accomplishment, something that joining an existing large fleet might rob you of if new to STO.

So if you don't mind a little more challenge and want to help the KDF grow, consider the Empire.

don't worry I've got a Reman character I've yet to level up , who's joined the Klingon side. Quapla!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm some random Klingon, and I approve this message.
Captain
# 5
05-27-2013, 12:16 AM
It's not that hard to decide. You just described all the advantages it has to join the Fed side: Easier to find a top fleet, pve group actions without much waiting time, cheaper doffs, more ships, more content, more content to follow in the future...

Let's be realistic. The Klingon faction will NEVER have as many active players as the Federation and what you described above is only part of the reason. People like to fly the iconic ships and visit the known places from the series. But the most important reason is there will always be a majority of players who wants to play the "good" side.
Captain
# 6
05-27-2013, 02:06 AM
I have sided with the Klingons with both of my Romulan/Reman characters.

My Romulan did it for business reasons. He is a Privateer, and has an agreement with the High Council to operate and trade in Klingon Space, in exchange for the occasional "favor" done for the KDF.

My Reman did it because he finds the "politics" of the Romulan Republic as reprehensible as the Romulan Empire, and when his ship was destroyed, the Klingons gifted him an old K'tinga class battlecruiser. So, he swore his loyalty to the Empire, and is currently seeking out Obisek in an effort to convince him that he should make an alliance with the Klingons. (Since my Reman hasn't experienced the events of the Reman Featured Episode, and the beginning of the New Romulus missions, his journey to seek out Obisek is still feasible. )

So yeah, I have two Klingulans.

Frankly, after the events of Khitomer, it was hard NOT TO view the Federation and Starfleet in a very different light. (At least the Federation as portrayed in STO. In TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY, it's still the bee's knees )

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 7
05-27-2013, 02:12 AM
The main reason i went KDF with my rommie is because i liked the Doffs more on he KDF side and the titles they get for reaching certain ranks with them. Dunno what the devs thought when they decided on some of the Fed titles but ... "First officer" realy ? as a title ? Why would you name your character that lol.
Captain
# 8
05-27-2013, 02:30 AM
I sided my Rommie with the Klinks. I am proud to say that I will ALWAYS be a Klink, and not a Fed. Why be a goodie two-shoes fed, when you can be the scourge of the Galaxy with the KDF?
Rihannsu
# 9
05-27-2013, 02:32 AM
But Klingons still smell funny, have atrocious table manners, and yell/grunt/growl/insult/posture/bluster too much. Not to mention their obtuse politics and strategies.
No thanks.
Anyone familiar in the slightest with Romulan culture knows that Romulan and Klingon are complete opposites.
Career Officer
# 10
05-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Only good reason to go klink side is to almost guarantee a PVP win.. the rest is kinda horrible..