Republic Veteran
# 41
06-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
OMG jesse if this thing goes to holo, you official should receive the unique in-game title for fixing kerrat. Something like ">< Thissssssssss close"

or is this the prelude to STahls nuking long in the coming???
This post is like showing up to a kid's birthday party with a nicely wrapped present, then interrupting the birthday song to proclaim that none of it matters because his parents will probably be divorced in a few years anyway.

Last edited by corgatag; 06-22-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 42
06-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I made some updates recently and sent them off to testing; with any luck, if they pass muster, they will be in an upcoming patch:

- I lowered the minimum level for KDF characters to do their academy lore daily missions from 21 to 10.
- I granted KDF-allied Romulans access to the handoff missions that send them to star clusters and arenas, and once you've completed one of those handoffs this should unlock the daily missions like "We Need Breathing Room."
- I updated the Ker'rat entrance for Romulans so that they should be able to enter once they have chosen an ally and gained access to the Neutral Zone.
- I hunted down a bit of coding that I think was responsible for the random faction-switching in Ker'rat.
- I set up multiple respawn points for both sides in Ker'rat, so you should randomly respawn to different locations now. This should help to cut down a little on spawn camping, as a team would have to spread out its members to different points.
- I worked with an artists to get the light cones in Ker'rat to have no collision, so you can't hide in them, get stuck in them, or use them to block line of fire. The cubes from which they emanate should still have collision.

I don't know when these updates will go into the build, as we are focused currently on getting the summer event ready to go and stable, but they should be in testing. Keep an eye peeled.
thats great that you got an art guy to fix the light cones, and great that all those other fixes got made.

fix 1 more thing, turn level 1 -20 kdf pvp back on! theres no fvk at that level, because there were no kdf below level 20 before, i think bort turned that off. but now there is, and that pvp didn't get turned back on. it sounds like there is just KvK for them.

and is there any possible way for roms to have tier 1 pvp? thats not to big a deal i guess if they cant.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 43
06-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I made some updates recently and sent them off to testing; with any luck, if they pass muster, they will be in an upcoming patch:

- I lowered the minimum level for KDF characters to do their academy lore daily missions from 21 to 10.
- I granted KDF-allied Romulans access to the handoff missions that send them to star clusters and arenas, and once you've completed one of those handoffs this should unlock the daily missions like "We Need Breathing Room."
- I updated the Ker'rat entrance for Romulans so that they should be able to enter once they have chosen an ally and gained access to the Neutral Zone.
- I hunted down a bit of coding that I think was responsible for the random faction-switching in Ker'rat.
- I set up multiple respawn points for both sides in Ker'rat, so you should randomly respawn to different locations now. This should help to cut down a little on spawn camping, as a team would have to spread out its members to different points.
- I worked with an artists to get the light cones in Ker'rat to have no collision, so you can't hide in them, get stuck in them, or use them to block line of fire. The cubes from which they emanate should still have collision.

I don't know when these updates will go into the build, as we are focused currently on getting the summer event ready to go and stable, but they should be in testing. Keep an eye peeled.

Great fixes! thank you!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 44
06-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
This post is like showing up to a kid's birthday party with a nicely wrapped present, then interrupting the birthday song to proclaim that none of it matters because his parents will probably be divorced in a few years anyway.
ROFL... too funny.
Captain
# 45
06-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
thats great that you got an art guy to fix the light cones, and great that all those other fixes got made.

fix 1 more thing, turn level 1 -20 kdf pvp back on! theres no fvk at that level, because there were no kdf below level 20 before, i think bort turned that off. but now there is, and that pvp didn't get turned back on. it sounds like there is just KvK for them.

and is there any possible way for roms to have tier 1 pvp? thats not to big a deal i guess if they cant.
My new Romulan KDF does not have any PvP dailies - never has - even at lvl 50

It does have the Ker'rat show up once and awhile.

So am I just supposed to PvP just for the fun of it(cough)?
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-23-2013, 08:33 AM
long live jheinig pvp loves you
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
06-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Yay for the fixes

Does this include fixes for the welcome the Federation, Cardassian and Romulan missions? Hope so.

Also still waiting on my kdf characters being able to use more than one uniform slot in the tailor.....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Captain
# 48
06-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I still dont understand soooo how do you find the pvp missions if you are a rom/kdf guy?

Last edited by rakija879; 06-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Lieutenant
# 49
06-26-2013, 12:04 PM
same here , i would like to pvp a bit whilst i'm leveling so I'm not completely out geared and get my arse kicked at max level.

but i'm guessing that it will be quite a while til they fix this even if they have it in "maybe" have gotten it to testing ..
"I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
Commander
# 50 Still Starving...
06-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Nothing on the patchnotes, and still no info on Death & Kill Dailies....
This is Crypticverse...