Lt. Commander
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I've tried to download the game using Big Download (best buy didn't offer a download) and i have 8.56 gigabytes of hard drive space and almost 2 gigabytes of RAM. so i download the 6.6 gigabyte, i guess, installer? from Big Download, but when it finishes, my computer all of a sudden says it only has 805 Megabytes free and needs 5 gigabytes more to finish copying files. I really want to play the game and have even made a ticket to help with this. I have Windows 7 32 bit. Please help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I've tried to download the game using Big Download (best buy didn't offer a download) and i have 8.56 gigabytes of hard drive space and almost 2 gigabytes of RAM. so i download the 6.6 gigabyte, i guess, installer? from Big Download, but when it finishes, my computer all of a sudden says it only has 805 Megabytes free and needs 5 gigabytes more to finish copying files. I really want to play the game and have even made a ticket to help with this. I have Windows 7 32 bit. Please help!
The full download of it should be about 10GB reported by the downloader. You'll see this if your started from a different download. Yours might be patching more to get to 10GB. But I haven't confirmed if it really takes that much space.

But since you're so close, you're going to run into problems. Instead a second hard drive or clean up some space. If this is your only hard driver and you have 805 MB left, then your PC is going to be crawling slow eventually. Windows needs room to move around files, both physical room to avoid defragmentation and virtual room for things like the paging file.
Lt. Commander
# 3 i'm tryen it...
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
hmmm...........well i've got a drive in my drives folder marked Local Disk (D. Is this a second hard drive that it can download to? Hopefully it is because it has 111 gigs free of 111 gigs, so i'm in the process of downloading it there now. This is that second hard drive you mentioned right? i don't want to have paid $50.00 for the Best Buy pre-order and Tribble pet for nothing or to have to uninstall EVE Online (most of my friends play that but don't like Star Trek, but i'm a huge fan so i want to play the online game anyway)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
becarefull if you did not put that drive in. Some PC manufacture creates a logical disk to store the images to restore a pc back to factory condition and is a special type of partition not for normal use.
Lt. Commander
# 5 would that be the D drive?
01-19-2010, 02:56 PM
what do you mean by "put it in"? did you mean install it? because it came in the computer. I didn't install anything, it was already there, with 111 gigs of free space, and nothing on it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
what do you mean by "put it in"? did you mean install it? because it came in the computer. I didn't install anything, it was already there, with 111 gigs of free space, and nothing on it.
111GB free on D? Then you should be installing ALL of your applications and games there. Not on C since you have so little room left.