is it allowed to open your ship's windows or turn on the aircondition if two of your crew fart at the same time or is it considered some op hax because i dont use the tip of my nose to distribute my ships shields (which is another hax, shields ffs)?
Those rules are pretty ridiculous. No disruptors? No DEM? No good timing on your attacks allowed either apparently with the no chained bo's. No FB Pulse 2 or 3...why, cause your team doesn't have enough hull heals or can't switch targets? Are tric mines actually OP? I could go on, but I don't see the point.
- maximum 3 Captains of each type per team ( Eng, Sci, Tac ) - maximum 3 ships of each type per team
- maximum 4 hangar bays per team ( carrier, escort carrier, etc )
- maximum 2 Romulan Captains per team
- full Romulan team not allowed
I can understand the 3 Captains of each type per team, I can understand the maximum of 3 ships each type per team (I could even see you adding that you need one of each captain type per team). The hanger bay thing seems petty to me, as does the restrictions on Romulans. They're part of the game now, and either ban them all, or let them ride.
- maximum 1 Temporal ship per team ( sci, destroyer )
- maximum 1 Vesta per team
This whole section seems like a waste. You handle the problem with temporal ships when you banned Inversion field. Vesta's are fine. Again, science ships are part of the game. Either ban them all, or let them ride.
- no Boarding Parties
- maximum 1 copy of Warp Plasma per team
- maximum 1 copy of Scramble Sensor per team
- no Feedback Pulse 2 - 3 ( Tac )
- no Directed Energy Modulation
- no 2 - 3 Beam Overload chains on 1 person ( after another chain ) - no EMP Burst ( Battle Module 3000 ) - just the ability - no Temporal Inversion Field ( Temporal Set ) - just the ability
Limiting abilities is too hard to enforce and track. Allow warp plasma and scramble sensors, or ban them entirely. Truthfully, scramble sensors is fine without the doff, which you banned. Feedback pulse is fine to anyone who's paying attention with half a brain. Directed Energy Modulation is fine since you've already restricted the amount of cruisers. BO chaining is a valid tactic, and there are plenty of ways to work around it (and it has plenty of it's own drawbacks).
- no Disruptors ( Tac )
- maximum 3 ships with mines - no tric mines
- no tractor beam mines
- no nukara web mines
- no breen transphasic cluster torpedo ( Tac )
No tric mines is the only thing of value on this list, and only because they borked the all-or-nothing crit fix. Disruptors have worked as they have for a long time, and were considered fine. Just because we learn something new about them doesn't make them "broken". And again, all or nothing with mines (and it should be all). Tractor mines, Web mines, and cluster torpedoes are fine for anyone expecting to face them. The only people who should want them banned are those who want all their weaknesses removed, so they can play to their strengths.
- no Antimatter Spread - no Graviton Pulse - no Theta Radiation
- no Plasmonic Leech - no Aceton Assimilator - no Isometric Charge
I agree with you on most of these simply because the reward vs skill is so high. I might disagree on the Leech, only because it's wide spread now. It also provides makes the critH stackers think about console slotting.
- Carrier Pets allowed: Peregrine Fighter, Type 8 Shuttle, Bird of Prey, To'Duj Fighter, S'kul Fighter, Scorpion Fighter, Tholian Widow Fighter, Tholian Mesh Weaver, Jem'Hadar Fighter, Shield Repair Unit ( all versions allowed )
Part of the game. Handle the fighters, or accept that they're going to handle you.
- no Team Batteries
- no Jevonite
- no Nimbus Pirate Distress Call
Can see the merit in this.
- no Scramble Doff
- no Subnuc Doff
- no Viral Matrix Doff ( multiple targtes )
- no Photonic Shockwave Doff ( Afterschock )
The only one of these that makes any shred of sense is the scramble doff. The others are fine, and taking them requires giving up other really powerful doffs. There's no point in restricting them anymore.
- no Nukara Space Set
- no Romulan Ship consoles
This seems arbitrary.
I like the concept, but there are too many of these rules that seem custom tailored to get rid of things you simply don't like to deal with. Some of them are valid limitations, while others seem to be very arbitrary.
Any way you can chop this list down and refine it a bit?
At the end of the day, if no one signs up, that would be more of an impact than people saying this is bad, that is bad.
He is the organiser, his rules. Don't like them, don't participate.
I stepped out as soon as the rules were published. No need to debate it here.
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles