Captain
# 21
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
the crescents do disruptor damage i think is what the combat log said it's been a wile
Republic Veteran
# 22
05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
This most recent time I did that mission I had to respawn several times. Eventually there was nobody left except the commander ship and a few frigates. Even my allies where gone (not sure where they went, but nowhere to be found) and the fight took forever.

That mission, and one of the rooms in the Elachi space station are just too overwhelming as they stand now. Way too many enemies to fight at once.
Career Officer
# 23
05-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm done trying this quest. I'm just going to skip and move on for all of my toons. It's a pathetic attempt at being "challenging" by just throwing in ships with overpowered abilities that they can constantly fire off at you.

Either they're smart and fix it so it's not stupidly OP with special abilities constantly going off or they just don't care and leave it alone.

Whoever designed need to never design another mission again. ever.
Rihannsu
# 24
05-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I thought it was a lot of fun personally. But it was a bit over the top.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 25
05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssinain View Post
On the ground:

1. They can spawn incredibly annoying robots from aoe damage bots to flamethrower bots to stasis turrets that teleport/freeze you.
2. Move around constantly
3. Commanders can spam subspace rifts like crazy which basically blind you, hold you, and chip away at your health.

No single enemy type has this much cheese in its arsenal at the same time.
The arc pulse turrets are a major pain, especially in hallways... God help you if one of them is pointed at you when you're stuck in the stasis thing...

The subspace rifts really bothered me, until I figured out they were immobile and then I simply walked around them.

The Elachi engineers REALLY love to flank you and put turrets behind you while you're fighting their friends. I usually shoot them in the face for trying it...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 26
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie80 View Post
I'm done trying this quest. I'm just going to skip and move on for all of my toons. It's a pathetic attempt at being "challenging" by just throwing in ships with overpowered abilities that they can constantly fire off at you.

Either they're smart and fix it so it's not stupidly OP with special abilities constantly going off or they just don't care and leave it alone.

Whoever designed need to never design another mission again. ever.
It seems to be OP only if you use romulan ship.
Tried it on D'Deridex, understood that it will last forever and abandoned attempt....
A day later i tried to use klingon Kamarag (yes, previous rank) and did it without dying a single time. D'Deridex is just to slow and has too much power issues (either too low shield/engine power or not enough weapon power to breach flagships shields) for this mission.
Seriously, you need some maneuverability here, not only to escape AOE, but also to gain tactical advantage (evade large groups of enemy ships etc). Also you need some DPS to deal with flagship fast enough.

D'Deridex is totally unsuitable ship for this mission, and there is nothing wrong with the mission itself.
Rihannsu
# 27
05-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaemon View Post
It seems to be OP only if you use romulan ship.
Tried it on D'Deridex, understood that it will last forever and abandoned attempt....
A day later i tried to use klingon Kamarag (yes, previous rank) and did it without dying a single time. D'Deridex is just to slow and has too much power issues (either too low shield/engine power or not enough weapon power to breach flagships shields) for this mission.
Seriously, you need some maneuverability here, not only to escape AOE, but also to gain tactical advantage (evade large groups of enemy ships etc). Also you need some DPS to deal with flagship fast enough.

D'Deridex is totally unsuitable ship for this mission, and there is nothing wrong with the mission itself.
This amuses me because I beat the mission in a D'D.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Ensign
# 28
05-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Sure you can do it. Anything is possible Its just much harder and slower, and IMO "not very interesting".
Also i dont like D'D because its just too slow, may be the slowest ship in game. I am ok with cruisers, but D'D is just too much...

p.s. And yes, all i am trying to say is "if you have difficulties with this mission - try faster ship, may be it will be much easier"

Last edited by ddaemon; 05-31-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Lieutenant
# 29
05-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Did it on my Mogai, standard build. Didn't die at all. Took about 45 minutes. You guys just suck, plain and simple. Its all about tactics and sticking and moving. L2P.
Ensign
# 30
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM
This mission can be beat with smart tactics and full use of the abilities that you have. If you're flying a DD, load it out with beam weapons and at least one torp. Broadside your chosen target, which should be the command ship at all times. Stay out of furballs. If you get caught in one, do a warp jump which will leave a nice blackhole for the Elachi to play with while you cloak and heal. Repeat until done.

You need some hull heals, and shield heals, you might die once or twice. It's a hard mission which is a good thing. It's called a challenge. Enjoy it and learn from it.

Stop fighting Romulan ships like Federation ships.