Ensign
# 1 Vulcan Ships for Romulans
05-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Federation Romulans should be able to fly the D'Kyr, since they're all happy unificationists.
Captain
# 2
05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Heck no! I wont fly those pascifist ships!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 3
05-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkhet View Post
Federation Romulans should be able to fly the D'Kyr, since they're all happy unificationists.
Sure...just get Vulcan to leave the Federation...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 4
05-28-2013, 02:02 PM
If we can get additional story content - to support Vulcan ships becoming available to the Republic - I'm all for it. But let's enjoy what Legacy of Romulus actually does offer first?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Ensign
# 5
05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
D'Tan wants Romulans to become Vulcans again, and Sugihara and the unnamed vulcan diplomat at Khitomer are orgasmic over the prospect. That's the story content.
Captain
# 6
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
D'Tan wants Romulans to become Vulcans again
D'Tan would like that at some point Vulcans and Romulans go to Nimbus to compete in a Fan Dance Competition, but his primary concern at this point is providing a safe haven for his people. That's the story content.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel

Last edited by virusdancer; 05-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
merkhet, I come from a country that has experienced its own reunification (East and West Germany).
You are confusing the intent with the result.
The story or New Romulus shows at best the very beginning of such a process.
Career Officer
# 8
05-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Completely agree. The idea of the Story I believe is to set up a new Romulan Haven, and eventually be at peace with their Vulcan cousins. I can understand not having access to Starfleet vessels, but Vulcan specific really does fit in with the storyline. A good half of my unificationist crew of Doffs is Vulcan already. I'm not a big fan of most of the Romulan ship designs when they are that big. If I must use a Romulan Warbird at class 5 than a refit of the T'liss would be my preference.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
This is not going to happen guys. Think about it, the alliance system well not allow the Romulan to fly D'Kyr because what will happen if one is ally with the KDF. Do they get to fly the D'Kyr too, since the D'Kyr is listed as a federation ship. What we need is more Romulan ships not allied ships. Am guess you all want the Romulans to be a full faction right. Then stop asking for other faction things to be add to the Romulan side.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Career Officer
# 10
05-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
D'Tan wants Romulans to become Vulcans again, and Sugihara and the unnamed vulcan diplomat at Khitomer are orgasmic over the prospect. That's the story content.
Admiral T'Nae? She had a deep mistrust of the Romulans. Rerun that mission.