Captain
# 11
05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I could see the Vulcan planetary government providing ship specifications to the Republic as a peace offering, especially after they refused the requests of Picard, Spock, and the Imperial Romulan government to assist with the Hobrus issue. Their mishandling of that fiasco greatly embarrassed (or at least should have) the government of Vulcan. It also angered many other members of the Federation, further putting pressure on the Vulcan government to change and make amends.

I would support adding the Vulcan Science ship to the Republic provided that the players have already purchased it from the C-store. Yes, even KDF allied players should have access to it. The three Dominion ships, three Tholian ships, two Ferengi, two Romulan Tal Shiar ships, Cardassian and Breen ships cross faction lines. How does giving Republic characters Vulcan ships break continuity any worse than these?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-29-2013, 03:06 PM
While yes, it is good to have options, preserving faction (and species) identity should be more important in an MMO based on the Star Trek universe. If you want to fly a Vulcan ship, roll a Vulcan character, imho.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I could see the Vulcan planetary government providing ship specifications to the Republic as a peace offering, especially after they refused the requests of Picard, Spock, and the Imperial Romulan government to assist with the Hobrus issue. Their mishandling of that fiasco greatly embarrassed (or at least should have) the government of Vulcan. It also angered many other members of the Federation, further putting pressure on the Vulcan government to change and make amends.

I would support adding the Vulcan Science ship to the Republic provided that the players have already purchased it from the C-store. Yes, even KDF allied players should have access to it. The three Dominion ships, three Tholian ships, two Ferengi, two Romulan Tal Shiar ships, Cardassian and Breen ships cross faction lines. How does giving Republic characters Vulcan ships break continuity any worse than these?
Wait so basically what you are saying we should let the Klingon fly the fed atrox carrier since the caitians can join the KDF too. In that case why not let everyone fly what ever ship they want then.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"

Last edited by alikain; 05-29-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
Wait so basically what you are saying we should let the Klingon fly the fed atrox carrier since the caitians can join the KDF too. In that case why not let everyone fly what ever ship they want then.
Caitians aren't in the KDF, those are Ferasan...Ferasan are to Caitian as Romulans are to Vulcans.
Ensign
# 15
05-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Admiral T'Nae? She had a deep mistrust of the Romulans. Rerun that mission.
No, the one just called "Vulcan Ambassador"

Some people seem not to understand the story situation. D'Tan has been a unificationist for decades, idolized Spock, and the kind of unification he has in mind consists mostly of Romulans becoming more Vulcan, not really the reverse. Not content to just defect himself, he's maneuvering the Republic towards Federation membership. Now that he has the reins of power, he's doing what he can to make it happen. However, as he says before Khitomer, he has to appease the Klingons as well because Mol'Rihan is so close to Klingon space. Your choice of side is pretty much your statement of your position on unification. As a federation Romulan you embrace all things Vulcan.
Captain
# 16
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkhet View Post
Your choice of side is pretty much your statement of your position on unification. As a federation Romulan you embrace all things Vulcan.
That's not even remotely accurate.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
05-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Caitians aren't in the KDF, those are Ferasan...Ferasan are to Caitian as Romulans are to Vulcans.
I no that the Ferasan are in KDF, my point is if you give the D'Kyr to the Romulans you must as well let all fed fly the warbird. Since Vulcan and Romulans are one Species Genetically. Same can be said about the Ferasan and Caitians. I don't hear people asking for the atrox on the KDF side.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Rihannsu
# 18
05-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Yes but Klingon are a Federation C-Store option so why they cannot fly a B'rel?

If you want to apply "I want to fly this and here is why" I would point out we have Klingons that are Federation members and command Federation ships, since shipbuilding in KDF seem to be House related nothing really stops a House to say "screw you" and ditch the Empire.

Its far more believable a Klingon Federation Captain on a B'rel that a Romulan in a D'Kyr.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Career Officer
# 19
05-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Yes and no...

I can grasp how the idea of the D'Kyr's being made available by the Vulcan government would fit story-wise (though not all Vulcans are reunificationists, ask T'Nae), but then only to Romulans that are Fed-aligned. You can understand, I'm sure, the Vulcans would not send their people and ships to fight the Federation under some hot-headed Romulan's command.

As for the Klingon argument: The KDF and Fed are enemy factions. If the Federation gets KDF stuff, the KDF wants Federation stuff. Pretty soon, there'll be an argument that an entire Starfleet taskforce went rogue (mindcontrol, alcohol, just bored, whatever) and could've joined the KDF, and we can't tell in PvP who the enemy is anymore.

(It's pretty hilarious to me already that we now have Romulan ships fighting other Romulan ships on the KDF and Federation's behalf in PvP. Tricky to do though it may be, they should probably doctor the queues so it only puts Romulans on one of the teams, just to look less stupid.)
Reave
Captain
# 20
05-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
It's pretty hilarious to me already that we now have Romulan ships fighting other Romulan ships on the KDF and Federation's behalf in PvP. Tricky to do though it may be, they should probably doctor the queues so it only puts Romulans on one of the teams, just to look less stupid.
I totally agree. KDF vs. KDF matches are so rare to being with, using the Romulans as the Wild Card to balance PvP matches might make more of those KDF vs. KDF matches occur.