Rihannsu
# 21
05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
If we can get additional story content - to support Vulcan ships becoming available to the Republic - I'm all for it. But let's enjoy what Legacy of Romulus actually does offer first?
Have that be the reward ship for the temporal mission. The feds get the ambassador, kdf get the kamarag, and romulans get the D'Kyr with the ability to put a sing core in it.

By the way, slightly off topic, i wish that mission were written better for non fed characters. There is nothing the the Kdf run through that explains why they get a kamarag.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
Captain
# 22
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannewboy View Post
Have that be the reward ship for the temporal mission. The feds get the ambassador, kdf get the kamarag, and romulans get the D'Kyr with the ability to put a sing core in it.
The fact that you're honestly asking cryptic to give you a 20 dollar c-store ship for free is just adorable.
Rihannsu
# 23
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The fact that you're honestly asking cryptic to give you a 20 dollar c-store ship for free is just adorable.
They could just give the skin with a lower tier ship under it, then it would not be the 20 dollar ship. Like the kamarag isnt a 20 dollar ship, or the low tier Ambassador.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
Captain
# 24
05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
They could just give the skin with a lower tier ship under it, then it would not be the 20 dollar ship. Like the kamarag isnt a 20 dollar ship, or the low tier Ambassador.
The D'kyr is a c-store ship. You're not getting it for free, at any tier.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The D'kyr is a c-store ship. You're not getting it for free, at any tier.
You miss the point, they're just meaning the costume of the ship, but with a lower tier warbird instead of C-Store ship-base.
Captain
# 26
05-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:

By the way, slightly off topic, i wish that mission were written better for non fed characters. There is nothing the the Kdf run through that explains why they get a kamarag.
Actually, a variant of the Vulcan ship(s) with singularities is a pretty good idea. Have them as a Vulcan/Romulan hybrid C-Store ship separate from the traditional D'Kyr. The storyline explanation could be that members of the Vulcan Science Academy working with members of the Republic take the original designs and refit them with Romulan technology such as the singularity cores and cloak. The trade-off would be to ship power levels and/or hull.

The other Vulcan ship design I am referring to would be the Suurok class.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-01-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkhet View Post
Federation Romulans should be able to fly the D'Kyr, since they're all happy unificationists.
What are you talking about that ship is Tier 4 if your a Romulan allied with the Feds you can fly it.

If you have a fed toon with it already you can claim it for free if not you will have to buy it.
Empire Veteran
# 28
06-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkhet View Post
Federation Romulans should be able to fly the D'Kyr, since they're all happy unificationists.
No ... Not all Federation allied Romulans are stoic stick in the mud reunificationists.

In fact most likely aren't.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 29
06-01-2013, 03:18 AM
The Federation and the Klingon Empire were allied for 50 years and look at the incredible number of ships they exchanged with each other....errm none.
Captain
# 30
06-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
The Federation and the Klingon Empire were allied for 50 years and look at the incredible number of ships they exchanged with each other....errm none.
They did exchange technology. The Vor'cha and Neg'Var were heavily influenced by the technology acquired from the Federation(warp nacelles in particular).