Lt. Commander
# 1 Gamestop BETA key?
01-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Ok so i just pre ordered the collectors edition from gamestop. How do i get my beta key? Do i get one at all (because they dont bill you until release)

Or
do i have to wait for an email from them with the key?

THanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 06:07 PM
if they're anything like EBgames, you should've gotten a card with the key on it, if you actually went there. otherwise, if gotten online you'll likely have to contact gamestop if no email is forthcoming
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
since i ordered online i will except an email shortly. i will give them the time it will take to actually download the beta client (just over 6hrs) until i contact them.

i was thinking they would have sent it in the confirmation email but they haven't.

I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Check the smallprint on and arround the page from where you ordered it. I ordered mine from Game.co.uk and the small print said the next email they would send out would be on the 25th for open beta.

They will probably send the emails out in batches every 7 days just as Game do.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I ordered from Gamestop over a month ago and still got no key. I contacted them and they said that they
give them out on a first come first serve basis and that they had a limited number, so I asked about if no
beta key or pre-play is comming to me do I still get the connie. Im still awaiting an answer about the connie.
Im in Ireland so can't call in store. Depending on their answer I'm probaly going to cancell from Gamestop.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2010, 07:29 PM
i have a similar question
i preorderd from a brick and mortar eb games, and they still havent recieved any preorder kits, i didnt want to miss out and and got a key from fileplanet,

anyone got an idea if i'll be able to get into the head start once the beta is over?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Got my beta key about 4 hours after ordering from Gamestop yesterday. But I was told they normally send them out within 24 hours of ordering as they do daily batches.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2010, 09:02 PM
can anyone actually confirm that they still have keys? I dont want them to turn around and say that they dont have any more because everyone else is out and the people that arnt i would have to pay for.

THanks
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccabe01 View Post
I ordered from Gamestop over a month ago and still got no key. I contacted them and they said that they
give them out on a first come first serve basis and that they had a limited number, so I asked about if no
beta key or pre-play is comming to me do I still get the connie. Im still awaiting an answer about the connie.
Im in Ireland so can't call in store. Depending on their answer I'm probaly going to cancell from Gamestop.
The connie is not connected to the beta/headstart key. The connie is connected to the retail key of STO you receive from Gamestop.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwhobbc View Post
can anyone actually confirm that they still have keys? I dont want them to turn around and say that they dont have any more because everyone else is out and the people that arnt i would have to pay for.

THanks

If you are near a store, contact the store and see if they have the beta/headstart cards available. Before I preordered from Gamestop, I waited until the local store had the cards then I preordered