Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Freezes Randomly
01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Game Freezes Randomly every 5-20 minutes. If I hti ctrl+alt+del and then open task manager and then minimize the task manager and maximize the game screen it is fine for another 5-20 minutes until it freezes again.

my spec's are as follows:

cpu: core i7 950 3.2ghz
video: nvidia 295 gtx
sound: onboard 7.1
ram: 12gb ddr3 1600

directx: 11
video drivers: 195.62 whql for vista x64/win7

the freezes aren't related to loading new areas (happens even if i'm standing still in one area for a while, and happens at the login screen sometimes as well)
it's not a framerate issue (i run at ~60-90fps)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 08:01 PM
What kind of power supply are you running on a beast of a machine like that?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, I've done some more testing and it appears that this happens 90% of the time on star bases. On other worlds where you beam down to do an encounter it happens 0% and it happens about 10% of the time while I'm just in space - sector, instance, w/e
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Also, I've noticed that just today it started doing it a lot more often than normal on star bases. I'd do the usual trick: ctrl+alt+del and open task manager, minimize task manager then maximize game screen again but now when I do that it only stays stable for 1-3 minutes before it freezes again.

It's not a problem with my video card as this is the only game this happens on, and my temp's are always good ~ 42c on both cores.

And just now when I tried to do the ctrl+alt+del to minimize the game screen I got a bluescreen of death.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Started happening to me in the Bolmari system. This is after the server came back up. Freezes and then I end up having to hard reset to get things running again. Different but comparable machine specs but similar story.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Mine has frozen twice in a row just now after leaving the bridge and waiting for my character to turn back into a ship. My machine is much older and running xp pro....
Lt. Commander
# 8 EXACTLY my problem
01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I have the exact same problem. Game runs great, looks great, plays great, but then the video freezes, but you can hear the music and everything continue. Open task manager, cancel it and go back into the game and its running like nothing every happened. This has plagued me through all versions of the Nvidia drivers, 190s to the most recent 196. IT happens almost everywhere, sometimes when i am fighting, other times when i am just staring at the screen and nothing is happening. I remember Champions Online did this too, and i hope its not something about they way Cryptic makes games, but i really want to play this game. My setup

W7 Home Premium
Nv 285 GTX OCX
i7 860 on Gigabyte GAP55M
750W PS
4GB DDR3

I am not sure if this was ever fixed in CO, but i really hope they fix it in this one. I really dont want to buy a new video card as this one plays all the rest of my games flawlessly. Although i do know my buddy runs ATI and doesnt have this problem at all. I think this is different than the other "stuttering" issues Nvidia users have and i hope this doesnt get overlooked.