Captain
# 1 Tal Shiar Uniform
05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
I seem to be missing the belt. Another person has the belt on one character, but is missing it from others (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10439281). Additionally, I don't have the collar / shoulder things, the gloves / wrist gauntlents, or the special boots.
Captain
# 2
05-28-2013, 10:41 PM
The uniform is not the complete version that NPCs have, for male characters it's only the top, chest straps, trousers, and boots. Female characters get the same, but they get the belt instead of the chest straps.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 3
05-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
The uniform is not the complete version that NPCs have, for male characters it's only the top, chest straps, trousers, and boots. Female characters get the same, but they get the belt instead of the chest straps.
Well why can't players get both belt and straps? NPCs have both, why not us? I can understand not being given the sash, shoulders, and pointy arm / leg stuff (we have to impersonate a peon, not a commander) but the gender separation between belt and chest I just don't get.
Career Officer
# 4
05-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Might be a bug. There seems to be some general issues with costumes at the moment, where certain pieces don't show up depending on your gender or species.
Lieutenant
# 5
05-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Might be a bug. There seems to be some general issues with costumes at the moment, where certain pieces don't show up depending on your gender or species.
Like the helmet with Liberated Borg toons. A more complete uniform would be nice but this is Cryptic we're talking about. They called the straps from the Yesterday's Enterprise uniform a full uniform.
Career Officer
# 6
05-29-2013, 08:09 PM
i my self have seen a good number of players with both the belt an chest paice , and i messaged them about it with no response ... wish i knew 4 sure but yes the costumes , uniforms and tailor seem to be way buggd
Lieutenant
# 7
10-25-2013, 09:10 AM
To be fair to the Yesterday's Enterprise uniforms, the straps pretty much were the only difference between the normal TNG uniforms and the YE ones.
Career Officer
# 8 TNG parts?
10-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddhawkk View Post
i my self have seen a good number of players with both the belt an chest paice , and i messaged them about it with no response ... wish i knew 4 sure but yes the costumes , uniforms and tailor seem to be way buggd
What you may be seeing are players who have added parts to the Tal Shiar outfit from the TNG Romulan uniform in the C-Store. I've done that myself, works quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsider32485 View Post
To be fair to the Yesterday's Enterprise uniforms, the straps pretty much were the only difference between the normal TNG uniforms and the YE ones.
If you want to be nit-picky, the collar was different, no gap in the middle, and the sleeves had black cuffs added. Probably should have gotten a new top, but I'm not complaining. Thoroughly enjoyed the mission.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 10-25-2013 at 09:50 AM.