Lt. Commander
# 21
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianus View Post
Hmm ok sounds like I'm good with a single GPU GeForce 285 GTX, glad I decided against SLI stuff, seems to cause more trouble than it's worth.
SLI is seldom a problem and well worth the extra performance if you want rock solid High FPS. This mouse thing is a unique issue and never seen it before in all the years I used SLI.

Lol, to not give up on giving it a whirl.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
Could you please submit a ticket about your cursor disappearing and include a dxdiag and information about your mice and if you have software installed for your mice. We need some more information to track this issue down and your tickets would help.

Until we find a fix try this command

1. Launch the game to the login screen.
2. Click on options.
3. In the options window in the Advanced command line box type "-softwarecursor" (not including the quotes), then click OK.
4. Launch the game and verify if cursor still missing.

Second thing to try is this:

1. Type in the chat console "/softwarecursor 1" (minus the quotes).
2. Verify normal mouse functionality.

http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support
Hi GM_Doog,

I submitted a ticket yesterday and I checked out the link you sent. I see my ticket in there but I do not have the option to reply to the ticket or add the dxdiag file. Is there somewhere else I need to go to add to the ticket?

As for the software mouse, I tried that but it is very laggy. Then after a couple of min I have what looks like a hardware mouse with the software mouse trailing it with about a second delay with moving the mouse around the screen. I end up with mouse trails cause there a re several cursors on the screen at once.

As for the muse itself I use, I have a Logitech G9x Series mouse and I do have the Logitech Setpoint software installed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Having the same problem here. 2x Nvidia GTX 280s (in SLi) The game only started randomly crashing windows 7 (x64) after the Jan 20th patch. And after a login I see the "Cursor Corrupt" error

I noticed this is also reported in the CO forums, since its a similar/same engine perhaps its the same problem ?

Creating a ticket with my dxdiag now anyways, hopefully it will help get it fixed before release...not long to go now
Lt. Commander
# 24 I noticed...
01-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Just happened a minute ago, but if I keep toggling, the 3rd toggle gives me the "Corrupt Cursor... Fixed" across the bottom and its fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-23-2010, 03:57 AM
I've found a temporary solution, that will work, but means using only 1 of your 2/3 cards. I'm still optimistic Nvidia and Cryptic will come up with a proper solution soon.

-Go to your Nvidia control panel (right click on desktop)
-under manage 3D settings un-tick "show only programs found on this computer"
-Select Star Track: Online from the drop down list
-in the list below select "SLI performance mode" change this to "SINGLE -GPU"
-click apply and exit

Of course make sure your not running the game when doing this
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-23-2010, 07:41 AM
GTX 295 here, got the very same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
Could you please submit a ticket about your cursor disappearing and include a dxdiag and information about your mice and if you have software installed for your mice. We need some more information to track this issue down and your tickets would help.

Until we find a fix try this command

1. Launch the game to the login screen.
2. Click on options.
3. In the options window in the Advanced command line box type "-softwarecursor" (not including the quotes), then click OK.
4. Launch the game and verify if cursor still missing.

Second thing to try is this:

1. Type in the chat console "/softwarecursor 1" (minus the quotes).
2. Verify normal mouse functionality.

http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support

How do we include a dxdiag in the link you gave us?

I'm using a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse, with SetPoint installed. I would be surprised if that was the problem tho because the drivers are the latest from around 2009-08-xx or something like that. The mouse cursor thing began just recently.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Humm logitec problem maybe? and sli? happend to me as well 2 days ago.. and from an alt tab couldnt see my cursor after i tried to remove sumting off my ship... then it bloched out (g9) setpoint installed...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I am also having the 'cursor coruption' and turning SLI on or off doesn't seem to make a differance for me, but it did start happening only after the latest driver update for me (the same update that made the game/s itself run a lot lot better)

The exact same cursor problem is happening to me also in Champions Online (and others as well) so it is not a just a STO file that is conflicting but a file (or whatever) that both games share that is attributing to it...

Lt. Commander
# 30
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I had this today, not the first time and it's not limited to STO. Luckily the solution for me is hold left mouse button rotate camera, release button. It happens to me a lot in eve as well all I need to do is right click to bring up a menu hover over it mouse cursor is back. I think it's a driver issue good ol' nvidia so reliable....
Closed Thread