Lt. Commander
# 31
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
GTX 260 SLI setup here. Started the Beta using the 195's, worked for a bit then went to crap with the stuttering. Got the 196's, and they ran great - then my cursor we crazy. It got annoying enough for me to roll back to the 190's Took a while to get the sli worked out (color flicker) but they are working pretty good for me - aside from a few other games that need some tweaking to get it to work.

My guess is the fix will be coming from Nvidia - I really liked the performance with those drivers too Hope one of em patches it soon.

- As long as I don't get any more of those "several graphical improvement" patches that take my perfectly running game and make my system run like a Apple from the 80's I'm happy.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I have no game cursor at all after yesterdays patch (just the native windows one).

So in yesterdays patch I can see a cursor, just not the right one. The game one would change shape depending on the action (resizing, targeting, selecting etc)... now it is always just plain windows pointer.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm View Post
Hi GM_Doog,

I submitted a ticket yesterday and I checked out the link you sent. I see my ticket in there but I do not have the option to reply to the ticket or add the dxdiag file. Is there somewhere else I need to go to add to the ticket?

As for the software mouse, I tried that but it is very laggy. Then after a couple of min I have what looks like a hardware mouse with the software mouse trailing it with about a second delay with moving the mouse around the screen. I end up with mouse trails cause there a re several cursors on the screen at once.

As for the muse itself I use, I have a Logitech G9x Series mouse and I do have the Logitech Setpoint software installed.

Confirming that I have a Logitech G15 Keyboard and G9x Laser Mouse, a Belkin Nostromo 52 game pad, and running a Nvidia GTX295 at 1920x1200 non-sli with the 196.21 drivers.

I could play the game fine until I added the G9x mouse. Now I get Cursor Corrupt ...Fixing but the game fatals.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Decided to go back to 196's because the 190's didn't offer the SLI performance I like. Cursor works somewhat better, but no alt tabbing. If I load the game and stay on it works perfect, alt tab and crash. I'd rather put up with the cursor than have SLI nightmares with the 190's.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Same problem here. GTX 295, cursor either disappears, becomes a line or a collection of dots.

Any word from Cryptic about a possible fix or at least an acknowledgement of the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
My cursor also went bye bye when I did an alt+tab out of the game to check my video card temps - I just shut the game down and reloaded it to fix it. I also have the NVIDIA 196.21 video driver.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
After reading that people playing Champions are having the same problem, it hopefully will get looked into quickly as it is affecting 2 of their games
Lt. Commander
# 38 It may be fixed!
01-29-2010, 03:54 AM

They released a 196.34 Beta just in time, I think!
I installed, rebooted, loaded the game, and I have no more 'corrupt cursor... fixing' error showing up.
Can't say for certain until we can really play in a few hours, but hopefully that's the ticket!

Find yours at the NVIDIA Driver Archive
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I just wanted to add that I am also having this issue. I purchased an additional graphics card and installed them in SLI mode in between the beta and head start, so I have not tried it in the beta, but now my CPU is running harder and i'm getting cursor issues.

I'll try the beta drivers, as well as disabling the second GPU and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
1. Launch the game to the login screen.
2. Click on options.
3. In the options window in the Advanced command line box type "-softwarecursor" (not including the quotes), then click OK.
4. Launch the game and verify if cursor still missing.
That solved it. Like the others, I'm on Nvidia 196.21. Still need my dxdiag?
Closed Thread