Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
A bit of variety for the shield would be nice, but we're not proposing a new set. Just a change to an item.

That's the plan - to be a one-up o0n the pre-order. The explosive rounds would be nice. A WONDERFUL "Adapt to THIS" move. XD
Well, either that or give it a holographic bayonet for melee attacks, like I was hoping for with the adapted M.A.C.O. rifle. If Cryptic is feeling particularly bold, they could even give it *both* the explosive shells and the bayonet.

The Klingon Empire and Romulans could stand to get their own versions as well, as I'm sure they would at least figure out how to make their own versions.
Lieutenant
# 12
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Considering how ubiquitous the M.A.C.O. Battle Rifle is throughout the game now, I doubt they're going to replace a piece of a major set with another weapon. You have to also remember that lots of people use it, as it's one of the better weapons in the game, it's sort of the same thing as with the Galaxy layout being turned into a D'Deridex layout.

The TR-116 is canon as a weapon the Federation developed but decided not to deploy. However, The Needs Of The Many, the official STO novel, says that M.A.C.O. personnel carried TR-116A's.

You might be more sucessful citing NOTM and requesting the TR-116A be added to Omega Rep as a T5 unlock, I could get behind that. Odds are good they're not going to monkey with an existing equipment set, but Geko was talking about more itemization a while ago, and adding a weapon to a kit and device could a new ground set for M.A.C.O.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistid View Post
Considering how ubiquitous the M.A.C.O. Battle Rifle is throughout the game now, I doubt they're going to replace a piece of a major set with another weapon. You have to also remember that lots of people use it, as it's one of the better weapons in the game, it's sort of the same thing as with the Galaxy layout being turned into a D'Deridex layout.

The TR-116 is canon as a weapon the Federation developed but decided not to deploy. However, The Needs Of The Many, the official STO novel, says that M.A.C.O. personnel carried TR-116A's.

You might be more sucessful citing NOTM and requesting the TR-116A be added to Omega Rep as a T5 unlock, I could get behind that. Odds are good they're not going to monkey with an existing equipment set, but Geko was talking about more itemization a while ago, and adding a weapon to a kit and device could a new ground set for M.A.C.O.
Considering that Omega Force gets a second (space) set, this would be a fair solution and would allow for the addition of other items as well.

Last edited by theoryfive; 05-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
05-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I've got the original, non-scaling Target TR-116A. I would pay essentially any amount of in-game resources to have a Mk XII version of it.
Ensign
# 15
05-29-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm on board with this as it makes logical sense and the game needs all the variety it can get. No reason not to at this point.
Commander
# 16
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Ensign
# 17 :D
05-30-2013, 11:08 PM
I Want That Guns
Ensign
# 18
05-30-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm all for ANY way to get the TR-116 into the game on a wider availability whether that's by replacing the MACO Battle Rifle or providing an alternate MACO set (of course with giving the Klingon players something equally cool as well).
Lieutenant
# 19
05-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biidi View Post
I'm all for ANY way to get the TR-116 into the game on a wider availability whether that's by replacing the MACO Battle Rifle or providing an alternate MACO set (of course with giving the Klingon players something equally cool as well).
What's ranged that Klingons could use as a equivalent that would be uniquely Klingon...

The first thing that came to mind was throwing knives. Huge, nasty looking throwing knives.

The second was essentially a shrapnel firing blunderbuss. With a transporting slug shot as a secondary fire.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
05-31-2013, 02:36 AM
or just make the TR set another neutral set like the Omega gear.