Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
05-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
This is correct. Firing arcs are not dependent on the location on firing points.
That's great to know.

However, visually, it still looks, frankly, wrong, since almost every ship has the turning point in the middle and handles like one would expect (and has seen in the shows and movies when the ships turn), making these ships jarringly stand out. Stand out so much, in fact, that even though I like the way the Klingon Raptor (for instance) looks, I refuse to fly it because I *hate* where the pivot point is.

So, is there any chance the rear pivot points on the ships that have them will get fixed? This issue has been reported for quite some time now.
------------------------------------------------

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Lieutenant
# 12
05-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
This is correct. Firing arcs are not dependent on the location on firing points.
The OP stated the "Fore arc" not the "Fire Arc."

I believe the issue stated relates to the ability to turn the SHIP to point the forward firing arc at the target, not the firing points. This has been a long discussed issue in the KDF Fleetyard forums and I believe it was acknowledged at one point as a "bug".

Here are posts from Sept 2012 on the issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=395431&page=3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=29
More posts might be found with more extensive searching.

As you can see, the final post in the first thread put the pivot point being at the rear of the vessel at a roughly 8 degree loss on the ability to swing the forward firing arc compared to vessels with centerline pivot points. I believe that is the issue the OP was addressing and a reply would be warmly received.

Last edited by sulfrustriple; 05-30-2013 at 09:38 PM.