Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Multiple Crashes Indoors
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Okay. This is fairly major.

I'm running a Radeon HD 5770, so I hope that isn't it. But it's happened pretty consistently lately. It happened first inside Starbase 24. The came would crash to the desktop. The Regula IV mission with Miral Paris? Crash, boom. Lastly, a Kassae IV mission where I had to put out fires on the science station and kill some Gorn. Crash, boom. Then after every crash it has to verify the game files before it'll start up again.

This is more than frustrating. I"m wary of choosing any episodes that had an indoor component. Granted, tihs isn't always the case. But it's happened enough that I'm an annoyed gamer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Exact same thing with me. It always happens on away team missions, I can play for hours and hours in space and nothing happens. But on the ground or a space station when lots of shooting happens. BAM crash to desktop. Sometimes I get lucky and it doesn't do it.

Any way i have filled out the submission form that pops up everytime it happens. Hopefully they can find something.

And I am running an ATI 4870x2.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah its all over the forums. I`am having the same issue, all my friends with ATI cards are as well. We all have the latest drivers installed.

This game doesnt like ATI cards by the looks of it - well the beta anyway.

Hope they sort it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Okay. Tried the same Kassae IV mission again. Completed the ground, but tihs time it crashed IN SPACE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Have the same problem with my ATI card aswell, however, mine is slightly more serious, it doesn't just crash to the desktop it restarts my whole righ. I have a HD4670 1GB for a card with the most up to date drivers. I've read that this is actually a fairly common problem with ATI cards.......LAME
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd84 View Post
Have the same problem with my ATI card aswell, however, mine is slightly more serious, it doesn't just crash to the desktop it restarts my whole righ. I have a HD4670 1GB for a card with the most up to date drivers. I've read that this is actually a fairly common problem with ATI cards.......LAME
I`ve blue screened a couple of times and its restarted also.

I was all ready to buy lifetime, but I am not going to buy an Nvidia card just for this game.

From what I`ve seen here on the forums, there has been no reply from the Devs regarding this ATI problem and whenever anyone gets a response from Cryptic, they are telling people that their drivers arent up to date, even though they are.

I like my ATI card and wont use Nvidia.
Lt. Commander
# 7 same here
01-20-2010, 01:30 AM
yea same thing here with indoor crashes. seems to happen just randomly during away team missions. running an ati 4890.
Lt. Commander
# 8 A Fix ?
01-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantojim View Post
I`ve blue screened a couple of times and its restarted also.

I was all ready to buy lifetime, but I am not going to buy an Nvidia card just for this game.

From what I`ve seen here on the forums, there has been no reply from the Devs regarding this ATI problem and whenever anyone gets a response from Cryptic, they are telling people that their drivers arent up to date, even though they are.

I like my ATI card and wont use Nvidia.
Yeah I'm running a 5770 and had this problem. I fixed it by making sure I left EVERYTHING graphics related on default settings, except the resolution (changed to 1680x1050). Hasn't crashed since, and I've done about 10 missions indoors XD

Try and let us know if it works for you too -
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I also get the BSOD but I'm using gerforce 9600 gt and it happens freequently apart from playing in safe mode and I get none.
Lt. Commander
I had the same crashes. Checking my frame rates showed them to be unbelievably high. No crashes since I did the following fixes suggested by another forum member:

Enter the following console command in the chat window: /maxfps 60

This sets the upper limit frame rate to 60 frames per second which should keep your Radeon HD happier. The command needs to be entered every time you restart the game. Not sure if there is a config option to make it stick but I would bet a fix goes in for this sometime soon anyway.

I also turned off the "Frame Rate Stabilizer" and "Auto Frame Rate Stabilizer" options in the troubleshooting video options.

I have not had a single crash since implementing these changes!

That and the command /fillpetteamlist to summon my missing away team nearly every time I beam down have made the game a much more enjoyable experience.

No credit to me for these fixes as they are from earlier posters but they worked wonders to ease my frustrations so hopefully the more they get mentioned the more happy Captains we can read about here.