Ensign
# 1 Ship color customization
05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Yesterday, I played one of my captains for the first time since LOR came out and noticed that the "glowy" parts of my ships's nacelles have changed from blue to a yellowish green. I want to change them back, but cannot find where to do this. I went to the ship tailor in ESD, but cannot find any setting for these colors. Where do I need to go to change these colors?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2013, 11:37 AM
What kind of shields are you running? You can disable the visuals by ticking the little eye icon next to it.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-30-2013, 11:48 AM
some ship gear like engines, shields and deflectors have their own custom colors and effects
have u changed ur gear since u noticed it changed?
"Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
-General Chang
Ensign
# 4
05-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. To be more clear on my issue, this is what I am seeing:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83a10a72.jpg

@erocker, I do not think shield can be the issue, since this is out of combat

@captainmikec, I have not changed any gear since before LOR launched.

Is there no where to change the engine colors?

Thanks
Career Officer
# 5
05-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levelshift View Post
Is there no where to change the engine colors?

Thanks
Have you tried right clicking on the impulse, shield, and deflector on your ship and trying to "Disable Visuals" to see if one of them is effecting it? They might have just added an effect in without publishing it in any of the notes.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
You appear to have the Breen set shields equipped. With the release of Legacy of Romulus, that item was given a visual -- that overlay you're seeing on your ship. If you navigate to your ship's items (The "U" key by default), you will see a small icon next to the shield item, it should appear like an eyeball. If you click it, it will toggle the visuals of the item, and restore your ship to its previous appearance. You can also right-click on the equipped item and click "Disable Visuals" to achieve the same.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Commander
# 7
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM
No offense to the art team, but that Breen shield visual looks horrible. Green engines may be appropriate for a Borgified ship, but looks really bad as is.
Captain
# 8
05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks for giving the Breen shield a visual of its own, was long overdue.

It actually looks nice on Rom ships (noticed on leveling). But yes, on a Sovereign, looks somewhat strange.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Ensign
# 9
05-30-2013, 03:00 PM
@miharitan and @captjamjamz - thanks! Right clicking on the shields item and selecting "Disable Visuals" did the trick!

That said, I do not see any eyeball icons either on, or next to, the shield item. I know what you mean and have seen them on the personnel equipment screens, but they do not show up on the ship screen for me. Happily, the context menu was provided to let me get the job done!

Now I seem to have one problem remaining - the deflector is still showing in the yellowish-green color, and there is no "Disable Visuals" option for that item. I am 99% sure that it was blue before. Am I remembering this wrong, or is this a bug? FWIW, I have a Sovereign assault cruiser and the deflector is the Tachyon Beam Array.

Thanks for the help.
Empire Veteran
# 10
05-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druhin View Post
No offense to the art team, but that Breen shield visual looks horrible. Green engines may be appropriate for a Borgified ship, but looks really bad as is.
Different people have different tastes and ideas of 'horrible': I think it looks pretty cool

But either way, it's not for everyone, hence the disable visuals option.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.