Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 161
01-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrogae View Post
Star Trek TNG: Inner Light
my Fav episode too! That society's inability to save themselves or planet beyond sending that probe out was sad, but the episode really resonated with me for some reason!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 162
01-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makadelik View Post
my Fav episode too! That society's inability to save themselves or planet beyond sending that probe out was sad, but the episode really resonated with me for some reason!

Thats the one that follows Picard during a liftime imparted by a probe all the way to being an old man right...

My fav episode.... very deeply moving and thought provoking. In fact this ranked as one of my TOP 3 favorite Star Trek episodes spanning ALL series and movies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 163
01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Actually I think you have clearly failed at mathematics.
Allow me to enlighten you.
The server has come down twice in two days for a total of approximately 2 hours. There are 24 hours in a day. That means 2 days total 48 hours. 2x24=48 you see. That means that out of a 48 hour period the server has been down for approximately 4.2% of the time. ((2/48)x100). Now, if we subtract that 4.2% from 100 (that's how percentages work you see, percent literally mean out of 100) that leaves 95.8% uptime.

As 95.8% is clearly a far larger number than 4.2% that in fact means that the server has been up for a far longer time than it has been down.

Edit: Upon cosultation with my wife she has suggested that this might be clearer were it written in crayon on a wall, but in the absence of crayons i'll settle for this.
you hurted my brain LOL j/k
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 164 Vulcan?!
01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rabidfish just may be playing a Vulcan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 165
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
are there Vulcan acountants?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 166
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon21288 View Post
Sir, are you an Android?

Must admit if you want to totally make someones point invalid that is the way to do it

Respect!
LOL, not an android and not a vulcan, currently a Bajoran with some Boslic dna in there.

From now on though i shall be trawling the forums with my MathHammer out looking for troublemakers

Fear Lord MathHammer!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 167
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetlime View Post
are there Vulcan acountants?
I did consider being an accountant. How did you know?! GET OUT OF MY TEETH!

Now i'm studying to be an Archaeologist which is about as far from tidy logic as you can get!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
i cannot wait to create a charecter named 'Chewbacca"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 169
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Actually I think you have clearly failed at mathematics.
Allow me to enlighten you.
The server has come down twice in two days for a total of approximately 2 hours. There are 24 hours in a day. That means 2 days total 48 hours. 2x24=48 you see. That means that out of a 48 hour period the server has been down for approximately 4.2% of the time. ((2/48)x100). Now, if we subtract that 4.2% from 100 (that's how percentages work you see, percent literally mean out of 100) that leaves 95.8% uptime.

As 95.8% is clearly a far larger number than 4.2% that in fact means that the server has been up for a far longer time than it has been down.

Edit: Upon cosultation with my wife she has suggested that this might be clearer were it written in crayon on a wall, but in the absence of crayons i'll settle for this.
Mr. Data? Is that you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 170
01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Did the Patch and level cap unlocking finally arrive today?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.