Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
Since there is a thread for the opposite, I've created this thread for those who want to write about a mission of which they are proud.

I will start this thread by stating one of my most epic (for myself) missions. In this case it was one of the main Borg STFs.
This, oddly enough, is my best example, so far.

As for using regular ships, my fleet anti-healer, which DDIS suggested to take on the role as an anti-healer build. (I made minor changes in the build since then).
Anyway, this ship (used by my scientist), for the first time, allowed me to tank a tactical cube. I was very surprised, and happy. This tanking occurred in Khitomer elite.
Commander
# 2
05-31-2013, 04:55 AM
Oh this topic again.

It still hasn't changed. About a year ago I ran a 5 minute ISE with a defunct STF channel, STF Veterens which had been a very good time at pre Season 6 (possibly a record). That was when I met who would become my future fleet makes when I practically forced myself upon them due to how well we synergized.

Things haven't changed much since then.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Lieutenant
# 3
06-01-2013, 02:37 PM
BEST KASE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXYdM7vBQ0
BEST CSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk9R0OibYWE
BEST ISE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXClTUSHLCQ
STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
S08: coming soon
Captain
# 4
06-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Quite frankly most of my "best" weren't actually good as far as STF's go (in mission terms). This is because I tend to enjoy them most as a "Trek" battle than a "do this, do that, mission achieved" thing. So, in many the optional was gone, took a lot of time and many people made error after error (I error frequently, too) that made it much more difficult. But so much fun.

Withouth great detail, for instance, I remember one that I got in late. The people there were half-way through. I go full-impulse to get there asap and I see this guy almost destroyed being attacked by a sphere. I rush for him and drop out of impulse between him and the sphere buff him and fire on the sphere, destroying it a few moments after. I bet he could have handled it anyway, but it had a very "Sir, it's the Enterprise" feel from ST First Contact. Loved that moment.
Career Officer
# 5
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
thank you for your post!
And, what....no Hive?
Lieutenant
# 6
06-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Best recently, was a Hive Space non-elite. A day earlier I'd joined one (my first post-LoR) with four tacs and we couldn't get the first unimatrix below 95%, so when I saw three (other) sci's and an engineer warp in, I wasn't thrilled. But, it was one of the more efficient Hive Onslaughts I've participated in. The queen was getting sub-nuc'ed like clockwork, it was a fun one to do.
"B'rel is klingon for 'orgasm'." -cmdrskyfaller
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Best STF experience for me, was Hive Space Elite, 5 well geared carriers packing Elite Scorpion fighters and the Romulan torpedo that launches 3 mini torps per volley.

It was freaking hilarious, a sea of green peas taking out the Borg.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 8 Khitomer (space) (elite)
06-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Just now I managed to finish it with three people left.
Two people apparently disconnected and couldn't get back in the mission.

We were a trio of people from three different fleets:

Ka -tet (d'deridex with all turret, single cannon build) (used by my science class captain)

Flight of the Phoenix (MVAM)

Elite Warriors (a warbird; not sure which class, but it looked like a Ha'nom)

Anyway, it was touch and go for a while. We missed eight probes. I, in my D'deridex, tried to heal and de-buff my team mates as much as possible.

Even with my new build, I managed to get the probes that were in front of me. I found an ideal position was sitting perpendicular to the probes path, for optimum dps.

The gate on the left side was finally destroyed. Then the two of them came to the right side, where I was. The spheres made it difficult, but we managed to make it, by having the MVAM shoot the gate - since he had more dps.

Donatra wasn't a big issue. Only one of us was destroyed once!
Captain
# 9
06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
It's been so long since I had a good PVE, without using PublicEliteSTF to find good PVE players.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 10
07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Minutes ago finished The Cure Found (Elite) and 1 person left after saying we don't have good team work and hopes to have a better team next time trying to do the mission. Apparently he/she did not like that people split up attacking from multiple sides that is all I could think of why the person though we did the mission wrong well we completed the mission getting the optional with minutes to spare.