Can you try to run the game in Vista admin mode. To launch the game in Admin mode, go to the install folder and right click on the "Star Trek Online.exe" file and try running the file as an Administrator.
To run the game as an administrator
1. Browse to the folder where the game was installed
2. Right-Click on the "Star Trek Online.exe" executable and choose Run as...
3. Select the "Run as the following user" option and use computer's administrator user name and password
If that does help, try removing your drivers in safe mode and install the latest drivers again.
Finding and Downloading a Newer Driver
1. Go directly to the Web site of your driver's manufacturer.
2. Click on the link for your video card, brand of video card or brand of video chip (if you don't have a separate video card).
3. Follow instructions to download the driver.
4. Save the file on your computer's desktop.
Uninstall the PhysX drivers in the Add/Removed install software (or win7 equivalent) program
Please remove the drivers for your video card in Safe Mode by following these steps:
1. Please reboot the computer by clicking "Start", then "Shutdown", then "Restart"
2. While the computer is re-booting, press "F8" (some systems may use F1 or F5) several times in order to enter the "Windows Advanced Options Menu"
3. Once the menu comes up, select "Safe Mode"
4. Once at the desktop, Right click on My Computer or Computer and select Manage, then open the Device Manager.
5. Double-Click on "Display adapters"
6. Select your current video card below the "Display adapters" category and Double-Click on it
7. Click the "Driver" tab
8. Then click on "Uninstall"
9. Click "OK" and continue uninstalling the device driver.
10. Once completed, re-start the system normally without Safe Mode
At the Desktop in Normal Mode, follow the normal video driver update procedure:
Please update the drivers for your video card with the following steps.
Installing the New Driver on Vista/7
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer, Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program.
2. Find and select the drivers for your video card and click the Uninstall/Change button and follow the instructions. Restart your computer if asked.
2. Double-click on the icon for the downloaded driver file.
3. Follow installation instructions.
4. Restart the computer if asked.
To better assist you with your issue we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into a reply to this message.
How to Create a dxdiag report
1. From the Windows key click *Start* menu, then click *Run*.
2. In the *Open* box, type: dxdiag (hit enter)
3. If this is your first time running dxdiag, click *Yes* to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
4. Click *Save All Information* to create a dxdiag report.
5. Post the System Information, Display and Sound Devices sections please.
Does running the game in Video safe mode stop the crashes? We are pretty sure your crashes have something to do with sound because of a crash dump we have from you but if safe mode helps, that would point to a video issue.
Please try setting the graphic settings to their minimum by choosing the safe mode option.
To run the game in graphic safe mode:
a.) Start the game client
b.) Before you enter your username and password, click the Options button.
c.) Check the Safe Mode option
d.) Log in and run the game again