Lieutenant
# 21
07-11-2013, 07:56 AM
How has there not been a reply to this officially? At least let us know the official view on the topic. Anyway, obviously i agree and think that there is a severe short coming in the fleet rank numbers. I believe that a minimum of 10 is needed if not more.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Please give us a better logs. like join date, itemized contributions,purchase history. I do not need to know who trained his officers or reached next commendation rank.
Career Officer
# 23
07-11-2013, 09:58 AM
As a Fleet Admiral (Holder/Owner) myself I can tell you what imho are issues that would be awesome if they fixed.

1. Allow provision control for fleet store items just like how you are able to limit fleet bank withdrawls per rank and per holding.

2. Add at least 1 more fleet bank tab, 2 would be even better.

3. Show date of joining fleet & *if possible, not a biggie* who recruited them as well

I don't think adding more ranks will solve any issues....I think perhaps better rank management is the answer by the top ranked members of a fleet. I think by making the 3 above changes it'll make a world of difference to fleets.

I do however like the idea of "Allied Fleets" that someone had mentioned earlier....that would be something to look into fourther for sure.

Finally fyi to those posting American Naval Officer Ranks....the 1st rank is Mid-Shipman...NOT Ensign.....just a friendly note from a Canuck !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midship...d_Marine_Corps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia

^^^^ Just incase you needed a current list of said officer ranks....there are over 10, but they are not needed in sto.

Play on folks !!!
Career Officer
# 24
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2754 View Post
Finally fyi to those posting American Naval Officer Ranks....the 1st rank is Mid-Shipman...NOT Ensign.....just a friendly note from a Canuck !!!
Midshipman is a training rank for Naval Academy students. Upon commission (read: becoming real officers ) they are ensigns.
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Career Officer
# 25
07-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtac124 View Post
Midshipman is a training rank for Naval Academy students. Upon commission (read: becoming real officers ) they are ensigns.
"In the modern United States Navy a midshipman is classified as an officer of the line, though their exercise of authority is limited by their training status. Legally, midshipmen are a special grade of officer that ranks between Warrant Officer (W-1) and the lowest grade of Chief Warrant Officer (W-2)."

^^ Now if you would have bothered to read the 1st link I provided it would take you to this very paragraph (I kindly added it to this post cuz clearly 2 seconds worth of your time was too much).

So again my point in valid...Midshipmen IS an OFFICER RANK...and IS BEFORE Ensign.

If you are going to troll at least do it with some class and effort.....
Commander
# 26
07-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
As a Fleet Admiral (Holder/Owner) myself I can tell you what imho are issues that would be awesome if they fixed.

1. Allow provision control for fleet store items just like how you are able to limit fleet bank withdrawls per rank and per holding.

2. Add at least 1 more fleet bank tab, 2 would be even better.

3. Show date of joining fleet & *if possible, not a biggie* who recruited them as well

I don't think adding more ranks will solve any issues....I think perhaps better rank management is the answer by the top ranked members of a fleet. I think by making the 3 above changes it'll make a world of difference to fleets.

I do however like the idea of "Allied Fleets" that someone had mentioned earlier....that would be something to look into fourther for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midship...d_Marine_Corps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia

^^^^ Just incase you needed a current list of said officer ranks....there are over 10, but they are not needed in sto.

Play on folks !!!
Midshipmen is not an official rank, there are actually a few ranks in the midshipmen side. It is kind of like boot camp on the enlisted side we had people with ranks in the division.
Midshipmen are still in school and not commissioned officers. They also don't serve on any ship.

The first official rank in the US Navy is Ensign on the Officer side.

Fleet Admiral used to be reserved for wartime use, and hasn't been used since the end of WWII but at the discretion of congress can be enacted at any time. *There is one more rank above Fleet Admiral and thats Admiral of the Navy which has not been used since 1903.

I served in the US Navy and have first hand knowledge of what I am talking about in case there is any argument, comments or confusion.

Last edited by rob2485; 07-13-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
07-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
"In the modern United States Navy a midshipman is classified as an officer of the line, though their exercise of authority is limited by their training status. Legally, midshipmen are a special grade of officer that ranks between Warrant Officer (W-1) and the lowest grade of Chief Warrant Officer (W-2)."

^^ Now if you would have bothered to read the 1st link I provided it would take you to this very paragraph (I kindly added it to this post cuz clearly 2 seconds worth of your time was too much).

So again my point in valid...Midshipmen IS an OFFICER RANK...and IS BEFORE Ensign.

If you are going to troll at least do it with some class and effort.....
LOL ok chief.
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Captain
# 28
07-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh :/ Cryptic didn't answer the questions about increasing the rank from 7 - 12 in the Priority One Podcast sit down!
Captain
# 29
08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
bump!!!!!!
Lieutenant
# 30
08-12-2013, 04:45 AM
I honestly don't see the need for additional ranks. The only place that additional ranks would be useful is with the large fleets. Keep in mind that the majority of STO players are in the smaller fleets or are in no fleet at all. While there are a great many fleets out there with tons of players (not characters), they do not account for the majority of all players. Also, additional ranks are unnecessary for gaming purposes. If you're like many and only care about RP benefits, go to sleep and dream since RP is just as imaginary as a dream.
Closed Thread