Lt. Commander
# 1 Is my video lag justified?
01-24-2010, 04:10 AM
I have a pretty good system however I find the game lags (good frame rate then spikes of "Chug" throughout, especially in away missions)

The reason I know its video lag is beacuse when I set the overall quality to 'low' it runs without the aforementioned lag.

The thing is... My pc is quite good.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Quad core i7 920 Processor
4 gig DDR3 Ram
Geforce GTX 295 1.8 gig of video ram or whatever.

so it's prettymuch a high end machine.. Do others with similar specs get this sort of lag.. If not how can I fix it? Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2010, 04:30 AM
I really want different graphical options for space and ground.
I play space with 1920x resolution with full graphics including aa and af and my framerate has never taken a hit.
However when on ground.... omg its laggy and jumpy. Some of it comes from the server side so its Its hard to know what is caused by my system and what it caused by server lag. sometimes its specific areas (station 24 is the worst, almost unplayable. The federation intro with sylar doesn't have any problems).

My system is 4870 with better cooling, 4gb ram, e8500, vista. My case is antec 900 so cooling should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 04:39 AM
yup away missions run rubbish on high settings and my rig aint no slouch either

win7 64bit Ultimate

AMD 955 Quad core
8 gb ddr3 (1333mhz) XMS3
ATI 5870 1gb ram

Antec 900 hundred case to! graphics temp at idle is 35c-70c in game, rez is set to 1650x1080,

Iv messed around with the settings a bit and think its the particle (phasers and sheild generator) effects and draw distance (as it stutters when turning camera round character) that giving me the problems, mainly in corridors and less so on planet surfaces!

I hope its just the game needing optimizing

Oh and i was using 4870 in CB on almost the same settings!