Rihannsu
# 111
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
As long as this remains optional I have no problem with it, but if it's forced on me I will simply stop playing and spending money on PWE games. This to me just sounds like an unnecessary resource hog which I have no interest in.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
05-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Question for you Bran. Are you saying that you honestly don't know that this will be forced on us or you can't say anything because you were told not to confirm? From what I've read on here like myself, people don't want this, don't care to have it and will be ticked to have it forced on us. Don't let "them" do this.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Captain
# 113
05-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Due to the way the game has been running since LOR with all the disconnections and issues my answer is NO even if the game was working fine I would probably still say no i rarely use Steam and didnt sign up for Raptr so this is the same a waste of hard drive space
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Career Officer
# 114
05-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Good for those who play multiple PWE games.

But please, let us have the option to use the regular launcher or the new one. I rather keep using the STO launcher than messing around with middle men (which is why I don't use Steam).
Career Officer
# 115
05-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
So how long until this becomes mandatory/the only way to launch STO?
A good question!
Career Officer
# 116
05-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I have a feeling it will be more like....WHEN this changes we'll let you know.
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Stuff like this is fine, some people like it and find it very convenient, and that's great. However, some people don't like it, so please don't ever make a service like this mandatory for playing STO. Personally I hate it when I have to have some background process running in order to play a game. The performance hit from having Steam running is always noticeable on my computer.
Lieutenant
# 118
06-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
1 GB of hard space...

Thanks, but no thanks. Whatever perks you hinted at in the blog aren't enough to compensate for the comparatively large quantity of space it'd be taking up.
Don't know where you get that it takes 1 gig of space. The ARC folder on my computer is ONLY 82 megs
Career Officer
# 119
06-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Arc brings together the best online gaming experiences from Perfect World Entertainment onto one easy-to-use platform.

Learn more about Arc here.
Ironically, I stumbled upon Arc a few weeks ago. :p
The jar kitty watches you.
Career Officer
# 120
06-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Brandon please I'm begging you do NOT let them make this mandatory. Launch platforms like this take years to develop and even then the best developed ones are much easier to breach than a standard single game launcher.
Think of it as a hub for all of the PWE games. You can download, install and launch ALL of the PWE games from it. Let's say you launched "War of the Immortals, and then just got done playing that. You now want to launch STO. You don't have to close Arc and then sign in to the STO launcher. Arc will inject your login info into the Cryptic launcher, and tell the Cryptic launcher to patch the game.
The jar kitty watches you.