Community Moderator
# 151
06-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaivladikov View Post
Sorry, but this "Arc" platform increases security risks.
One single hack, and bam, someone loses everything on ALL their games.

Not going to download it, and if it becomes mandatory, my money will be going elsewhere.
? Your account is already tied into all games PWE owns. ARC or not, someone gains access to your account they'll have everything anyways.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Ensign
# 152
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Does Valve know you are stealing their client interface?
It looks so much like Valve's Steam Interface, I'd expect them to be demanding a cut.

Also, I'll stick with Valve's system, it's already on my PC, and it works.

If it is not broken, don't fix it.

M.
Lt. Commander
# 153
06-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddwolf View Post
I hope that PWE doesn't pull STO from STEAM to add it to this ARC, cause i play STO through STEAM. Leave STO on STEAM where it belongs. People like me that have STO comunity Groups and are dependent on STEAM to play in/with other STO comunity groups. Just sayn'
the Steam version of STO has lots of problems.. fact all games in Steam have problems, sevear lag,glitches etc etc...
main reason why I downloaded all my game from their makers....

but meeeh im check out this new ARC... thinggiy... I rather have it from a company i trust and love then some other company that do not know their games.....
Career Officer
# 154 Steam forever!
06-01-2013, 07:49 PM
There is an added complication.
Well, for me anyway.

I use Steam to pay for my C-Store purchases because it's efficient, relatively bugfree and easy.

Conversely, when I tried to use a PW method of payment, it got so many redirects just trying to initialize the website that I gave up in the end!

And yes, for many other reasons, I use Steam.

So if you remove STO and CO from Steam just so I'm forced to use your carbon copy version, well, my response will be rather hostile.

By the way, Steam=C-Store payments for you.

If I can't buy C-Points with Steam, no more money will be coming your way!
Empire Veteran
# 155
06-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
? Your account is already tied into all games PWE owns. ARC or not, someone gains access to your account they'll have everything anyways.
the account may already be tied... and is why I didn't WANT to merge my Cryptic accounts into PWE to login with PWE, instead of Cryptic to begin with....

... but, even with all of them tied, if I'm ONLY logged in 1 launcher, and go AFK a bit (Bio/snack/whatever) anyone that happens apon the PC has acsess to? ONE game, not ALLL PWE GAMES, but JUST ONE)

add a launcher that accssesses your payment options/forums/account options/game#1/Game#2/Game........Game#25/Game#26

well... YES IT"S A DAMN SECURITY RISK!!!!
Career Officer
# 156
06-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
It might actually ADD to security. Perhaps too much. I couldn't get into any Cryptic game (and PW too) while Arc was running.

Tried to get into CO, STO via Arc = "invalid username or password"

Exited Arc, no problem.

Luckily I decided to exit Arc and retry before resetting all my passwords.
Career Officer
# 157
06-02-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't want it! I'm utterly terrified of prospect of being forced to use this to play my STO.

Please, please, make it go away!
Lt. Commander
# 158
06-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Arc brings together the best online gaming experiences from Perfect World Entertainment onto one easy-to-use platform.

Learn more about Arc here.
First, because I'm OCD like that, I need to point out that your link links to the very thread the link was made on.

Second, I only play STO, so I only need the game launcher. I don't use, or need, other multi-game launchers, like the well-mentioned Steam. Please tell me that the game launcher will always stay optional, for simpletons like myself.
Career Officer
# 159
06-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
It might actually ADD to security. Perhaps too much. I couldn't get into any Cryptic game (and PW too) while Arc was running.

Tried to get into CO, STO via Arc = "invalid username or password"

Exited Arc, no problem.

Luckily I decided to exit Arc and retry before resetting all my passwords.
Yeah I'm getting this error once in a while myself. When it happens it usually takes 2-3 log in attempts to get it to go through. I'm also getting an error that just says "Unable to log in" and then dumps me back to the main log in screen. That takes a few tries to get past as well.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Empire Veteran
# 160
06-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I WOULD LOVE to get a Legacy pack, but I also don't want to spend a dime, unless I know for sure that ARC will never become mandatory........ this is REALLY important info, because if it ever becomes mandatory, I should start investing in a game that I will actually play... one that does not have a Steam clone between me and the game.