Career Officer
# 11
05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Arc brings together the best online gaming experiences from Perfect World Entertainment onto one easy-to-use platform.

Learn more about Arc here.
Considering none of Cryptic's current MMOs even connect to; or put any achievements up on, or track leveling the PW "CORE" system, what's the point? I like only downloading a new patch when I want to log into a game; and Cryptiic's own launcher already has the capability to show all Cryptic games (if you want that).

Seems like bloatware to me unless you also play any PWE other games. YMMV.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 12
05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
I use steam wallet functions for in game purchases. Will this new "platform" interrupt this? I don't really want to enter my card details again since most of my transactions are done through steam (my preferred way).
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-31-2013, 12:15 PM
This is (and will remain) optional, right?
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
How about nooooo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Survivor of Romulus
# 15
05-31-2013, 12:18 PM
IF this is a PURELY optional and always optional platform then by all means for the people that want to use it fine.

HOWEVER, for those of us that know the can of worms a platform of this type can unleash, no thank you, not now, not ever.

A village idiot with google and a couple of very easy to find programs can hack a password in minutes, now you're adding the ability to hack one password and gain access to multiple games. Unless you're going to remove the max characters allowed in a password, bad idea.

Integrated Web Browser: Considering PWE/Cryptic's obsolete stance on web browser compatibility this probably means forced IE, which as most everyone knows is one of the LEAST secured web browsers avail.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited by voicesdark; 05-31-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 16
05-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nx89 View Post
This is (and will remain) optional, right?
Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2013, 12:21 PM
In my opinion this is a waste of time, resources and money. It's an added launcher that really adds nothing to my gaming experience... and with other launchers like this out there (most, other than Steam are unpopular) I don't see myself ever bothering to use this.
Lieutenant
# 18
05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
So I downloaded it and am able to launch Neverwinter but it says that I have to install STO but they are both in the same file. How do I fix this?
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
05-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you very much for clarifying. Much appreciated.
Career Officer
# 20
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Please do! We'd love to hear your feedback.

Also, please note that most features are not available for STO yet, but we hope to be able to offer them in the future!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Will it affect steam users though? Please advise as it affects financial possibilities within the game.

Thanks