Empire Veteran
# 211
06-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Well, be honest, how much did this Arc thingy have to do with the server/network problems with Cryptic games in the past weeks ?
I was thinking the same thing
Empire Veteran
# 212
06-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilinea View Post
As long as it's optional... whatever. If it becomes non-optional, like PWE account merging did, then there's a good chance I'll just walk away from this game. It offers absolutely nothing I'm interested in, and takes up extra space to do it. I've looked at the library of non-Cryptic games from PWE. There is zero chance I will *ever* play any of them.

I did try Perfect World International once. Made one character, spent five minutes in the newbie area fighting with pretty much every single part of the UI, and watching zone chat in revulsion. Logged out, uninstalled, never looked back.
I did the exact same thing. There is nothing I find interesting in any of their other games.
Ensign
# 213
06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
bah, i still cant get the thing to admit that i even have an internet connection on this computer
Starfleet Veteran
# 214
06-04-2013, 12:23 PM
No, thank you.
Career Officer
# 215
06-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Just sounds like more PWE overlord control over my PC!

No thank you!

Besides they probably developed it using DirectX dlls from 2009 (aka DirectX 11 -beta) and also a 32-bit ancient OS.

There are way too many other issues with STO and the other PWE games and Networking systems to waste time and money on this spyware/bloatware!
Golly look what I got! Now I can collect game metrics properly and adjust the content correctly!

Delta Rising, The Best Expansion Ever and the Players Love it!

Last edited by zeus16nbs; 06-04-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Ensign
# 216 Steam
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm fine with Steam and it's services, thank you
Career Officer
# 217
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyresofbsgo View Post
IDK, you tell me... does it take much longer to download 25 different launchers, or does it take longer to JUST download ARC?

does it take more time to switch bettween 25 game launchers, and the web account page, or does it take longer to switch between them in ARc?

there is NO winning this

1 of these is true

1) Arc makes access easier
or
2) ARC is a waste of time/HD space
_______

ether answer = ARC should not be implemented.

ARC still requires the games to be installed.. despite your apparent misconceptions, it is not some magic 'insta-access' to everything without installing anything.

You also left off other options

3) ARC provides a centralized location for news/updates/community access to PWE games
4) ARC provides an easy way to access game forums, from inside the game - without having to alt-tab or minimize the client
5) Like the steam overlay, the 'in game' functionality of the ARC could (depending on user) make it easier to stay in touch with friends who play other PWE games.
Captain
# 218
06-04-2013, 08:31 PM
It's usefulness is extremely limited by the fact that unlike the Steam interface it is only for PWE games. This may be attractive to some people but as can be seen by the majority of responses it is not attractive to most others.
I don't need some special application to organize and access the 2 PWE games I have on my computer, I don't need their news and promos and I already have well established means of keeping in touch with my friends, this is a tool I don't need.
The only issue that I for one care about is whether or not PWE is going to be stupid enough to eventually try to force this on the users, if it remains optional then fine, but Bran's noncommittal response on the issue does not fill me with enthusiasm. I can't fault him for that, he is as powerless as we are where this is concerned, but at the very least he can forward the idea that making this mandatory to access PWE games will not be received kindly by the community.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Empire Veteran
# 219
06-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdamnheroes69 View Post
ARC still requires the games to be installed.. despite your apparent misconceptions, it is not some magic 'insta-access' to everything without installing anything.

You also left off other options

3) ARC provides a centralized location for news/updates/community access to PWE games
4) ARC provides an easy way to access game forums, from inside the game - without having to alt-tab or minimize the client
5) Like the steam overlay, the 'in game' functionality of the ARC could (depending on user) make it easier to stay in touch with friends who play other PWE games.
Quote:

1 of these is true

1) Arc makes access easier (and therefore easier to access)
or
2) ARC is a waste of time/HD space
_______

ether answer = ARC should not be implemented.
bla bla bla... auto forum mod states message to small, bla bla bla... (BTW, you would think the things above "bla bla bla, would have been enough text)
Career Officer
# 220
06-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
bla bla bla... auto forum mod states message to small, bla bla bla... (BTW, you would think the things above "bla bla bla, would have been enough text)
So, you obviously no longer want to try and discuss your original issue, which was the perceived lack of security of ARC.. you've now gone to "I don't like it, so it shouldn't exist"... which means we've got nothing left to discuss about ARC.