Ensign
# 291
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Well, I have to admit to being skeptical about this, specially after everyone posted all they have. Yet I found that "if you can't beat them, join them", so I installed Arc, and...

It's GREAT! I've had no troubles with it what-so-ever.

And I quite like how easy it is to do things, you can go to the forum , switch games, add games, and alot of other things, so much faster, and easier than before.

No problems logging on to the games at all with it, in fact, I find it to be quicker.

So, I'd like to suggest the good ol saying , since you know Arc won't go away, and no doubt eventually they'll not allow the original launchers to work, I say, "if you can't beat them, join them", or as others have said in the foundry to people, take it with "a grain of salt" .

BWAAaaahahahahahahaaa. god that s a good one.

anyhow yea, just thought I'd share a thought bout Arc that is Not negative.

God Bless You all.
I have used ARC, I uninstalled it after 1 day.
I see no reason to install something to let me log into a game I can already log into without it.

I only play one game so being able to switch between games means nothing to me.
I can add games by downloading them, I have no interest in any other PWE games, so that is meaningless to me.
If I want to see the forums I will use my normal browser.
I found the "do not send my info to PWE" button eventually.
AS for the social media, I don't use any.
Chat between games, we already have.
Good that you had no problems with it, I'm one of the people with extra lag while it was running.
Ensign
I noticed that a recent patch was huge and it made me suspicious that ARC may have been downloaded without our knowing. In the launcher options I now see a check box for displaying all games. If I click this it says the launcher needs to be re-started before continuing. I unchecked the box again as I have no intention of EVER using ARC and I was worried this may start an install process. Can someone please tell me if I need do a complete system restore and leave STO and PWE forever? I really don't want to do this as the game is finally coming into it's own, but I will not be forced to use this utter crap spyware. For the record I'm a lifer from day one.
Career Officer
# 293
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerjmb View Post
I noticed that a recent patch was huge and it made me suspicious that ARC may have been downloaded without our knowing. In the launcher options I now see a check box for displaying all games. If I click this it says the launcher needs to be re-started before continuing. I unchecked the box again as I have no intention of EVER using ARC and I was worried this may start an install process. Can someone please tell me if I need do a complete system restore and leave STO and PWE forever? I really don't want to do this as the game is finally coming into it's own, but I will not be forced to use this utter crap spyware. For the record I'm a lifer from day one.
I'm pretty sure the "Display All Games" check box has always been there. It was so you could use the Cryptic Launcher for STO and Champions Online, and now Neverwinter without needing the individual ones.
Brib'r, Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Impassive
Ssakar, Lieutenant Commander of the I.K.S. Vagh'ka
Suran, Centurian of the R.R.W. D'varin
Ensign
# 294 Good to know
12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I was really worried that I was going to have to leave this game after all the effort I'm putting into my star base. I hope they see sense and don't ever make ARC mandatory. Guess it will be back to Eve for me if they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 295
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
No, thanks. If I ever try Neverwinter (unlikely, due to personal bias against D&D 4e) or Champions Online (likely if I can find the time), I can assure you that I will log in the old-fashioned way.

Also, if you phase out the individual launchers I will become highly displeased. Highly displeased, Klingon style. And then I will need to buy a new computer.
Career Officer
# 296
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM
So Cryptic, just how much is Arc gonna spy on my computer, its contents and my internet usage?
Career Officer
# 297
12-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerjmb View Post
Cryptic's games always had this because NW, STO, and Champs use the same launcher with different skins and can be used to download multiple games.

And you can't play any MMO I know of without a launcher. Currently, ARC launches the Cryptic launcher but once fleshed out, will be the launcher for STO.

I don't get all the paranoia about this.
Career Officer
# 298
12-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto8472 View Post
So Cryptic, just how much is Arc gonna spy on my computer, its contents and my internet usage?
So... Why are you worried about ARC doing that and NOT worried about the Cryptic launcher (which you already use) doing that?
Starfleet Veteran
# 299
12-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So... Why are you worried about ARC doing that and NOT worried about the Cryptic launcher (which you already use) doing that?
Because the Cryptic launcher isn't a required 'always on' launcher. ARC, once done, will be.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Survivor of Romulus
# 300
12-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Because the Cryptic launcher isn't a required 'always on' launcher. ARC, once done, will be.
So basically I'll need to keep the program running at all times in the background? Screw that, my CPU's taxed enough as it is.