# 301
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Thank you hravik.
Survivor of Romulus
# 302
12-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So... Why are you worried about ARC doing that and NOT worried about the Cryptic launcher (which you already use) doing that?
Because the Cryptic launcher shuts down when STO opens, and they've already stated that they intend ARC to remain running in the background come hell or high water.

They then give a form-letter spiel about how they intend this bigger, more feature-laden mega-launcher+chat+browser to not interfere with the game at all in any way, while refusing to entertain the idea that turning it off like the current launcher would accomplish exactly that.

Sooo, what's it doing in the background that's so important to "Them" that wanting to shut it off seems like a personal affront to "Them?"

If it's not doing anything, as they claim, shutting it down should be a non-issue. But they keep going on about how it's "intended" to run in the background, period.

Uh...doing what, exactly?
Republic Veteran
# 303
12-21-2013, 04:54 PM
One of the big things companies look for is piracy or activity that could indicate piracy. I know Steam was originally set up to throw a **** fit if it detected P2P or torrent activity and other "pirate like activity." Don't know if it does anymore... I refuse to use Steam as I lost nearly $500 worth of gift-purchases due to their account-guard. The folks who gifted me the games aren't going to hand me their credit-card numbers so I can get access to my account back, they insist that is the ONLY way though.

Going forward, I expect ARC to be monitoring for signs of hacking, cheating, piracy and other non-approved activities. That's utterly insane though as most PW products are F2P, so it's not like we are playing with hacked and cracked versions of the game... Whatever. I don't expect STO to be online past the middle of the year so it's a moot point anyway. Only thing it'll affect for me is Neverwinter.
Career Officer
# 304
12-21-2013, 07:47 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! You know how many times ive heard that???? the game is on its way out....a year later the guy has egg on his face. considering this are all ready working on season 9 for a may release i bet i think you will get egg on your face. Find a doom thread if you want to attempt to pass on your negativity. And since you obviously hate the game since you are predicting its demise how about you delete it now and save some server space for those of us that support cryptic and the game.

And on the subject of ARC ive been running it for a while with no indication of spying and if anything it makes things simpler. I can access sto and neverwinter with one login.
Commander
# 305
12-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Well, I have absolutely no need for Arc at all since all I care to play is STO. Therefore, unless they force it on me, I will not use it.

Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
Career Officer
# 306
12-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
PW can take Arc and stick it up their asses. If they make it mandatory they can consider me lost as a customer.

My feelings exactly.