Survivor of Romulus
# 41
05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Some good answers, and some that were the usual "comming soon" types.

The only let down for me personally, were the 1000 day vet ship for romulans.

2 months away?? Really?? I thought you guys said soon after release, but 2 months is not soon after LoR release in any way shape or form.

For me, shortly after release is 2-4 weeks, not 2 months...
Career Officer
# 42
05-31-2013, 03:00 PM
I just rerolled my Trill to a Joined Trill because I was told there weren't going to BE race change tokens!! MY LOCKBOX KEY MONNNNEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!

Oh well. At least I can go back to my original main now. That's a plus! Thanks for putting this in (someday), Devs! I'll look forward to becoming a Joined Trill! :-)
Lieutenant
# 43
05-31-2013, 03:13 PM
"Q: (karmapoint) Alright? KDF and Romulans are here. And now what? What is the next big step for STO? Cardassians? Bajorans? DS9 Expansion? Voyager?"

The Bajorans are part of the FED's.

I would think an intro of the Cardassian Faction would have a Ds9 and maybe a Gamma sector expansion, as part of the killing the True way story line and the Dominion would pop up somehow.

Also I think the talk of the Suliban in a comment and a new species being introduced with the

"although it would make sense if it was for the Romulans"

quote , speaks for its self. Especially with the link to them in the early RRF story and calling the cell ship for exchange etc.
Rihannsu
# 44
05-31-2013, 03:23 PM
I doubt, and for good reason, they'll ever put a true third faction in. Three-faction games tend to run.. oddly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
05-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galr25 View Post
"Q: (karmapoint) Alright? KDF and Romulans are here. And now what? What is the next big step for STO? Cardassians? Bajorans? DS9 Expansion? Voyager?"

The Bajorans are part of the FED's.

I would think an intro of the Cardassian Faction would have a Ds9 and maybe a Gamma sector expansion, as part of the killing the True way story line and the Dominion would pop up somehow.

Also I think the talk of the Suliban in a comment and a new species being introduced with the

"although it would make sense if it was for the Romulans"

quote , speaks for its self. Especially with the link to them in the early RRF story and calling the cell ship for exchange etc.
Cardassians are pretty much fed lackeys as the federation is helping them rebuild, so sulaban for roms and then what for klingons.
Lieutenant
# 46
05-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Cardassians are pretty much fed lackeys as the federation is helping them rebuild
Just how they where helping the Romulans rebuild before LOR and still are now.

It would be another demi-faction for sure though. I've said this already on a couple of other threads so I will just quote myself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by galr25 View Post
The Cardassian's will be added exactly like the Romulan's , even with a similar story , Home world disaster , rebuilding and the True way (or obsidion order) Replacing the Tal Shiar (SPOILER: whom are in contact with the True way in the Romulan story line).

I would still fly a 'New Cardassian Union' ship however.
Lieutenant
# 47
05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd prefer a Constellation-Class before we move on to non-canon and soft-canon ships like Achilles...
Captain
# 48
05-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I hope this also means the possibility of Suliban Playable Captain Species. That would be great.

On the Suliban Bridge Officers, I hope it would be as part of an "Evaluate <Species> Bridge Officer Candidate" Doff assignment, like how the Romulan and Reman Species are confirmed to be eventually added for Republic characters. Not against C-store options pe rsay, but would rather have the option of more then one Suliban Boff.

I also want to add my Support to a playable Cardassian Union Faction. But no hurry on that one, I think the Dev team needs a break before they work on another expansion. Still would be awesome to have on the Long term radar.
First of all YES YES YES

He answered my question...and it was positive.

Second. I would find that more than acceptable. The doff missions have become my preferred method of acquiring BOFFs.

I'm curious about this fleet holding related to small fleets. I wonder what they're thinking.

And hell yes, a replica of the Sword of the Raptor Star, or any of S'Harien's swords really.

On the subject of Hirogen, I don't believe their general Chaotic selfish alignment should be an issue.

If necessary you could say that there is a second group of Hirogen that have ventured to the Beta and Alpha quadrants.

If you consider the meetings Voyager's crew had with the Hirogen, there were plenty of Hirogen who were looking to settle down. There is a contingent of Hirogen who have expressed that the nomadic endless hunting lifestyle and culture was the slow death of their race and they were interested in averting it. Along with some Hirogen like that, you could add Hirogen Photonic Tactical Officers.

It's been shown that there are Klingons that don't support the war against the Federation and the schism between the Romulans is well documented. There's no reason for us to behave as if the Hirogen are monolithic as well. And Hirogen could be a huge asset for the Romulan Republic, Federation, or the Klingon Empire, wherever they want to settle down.

I think any Cardassian Union faction should be at least two seasons down the line and second, should hinge on them being able to grab Andrew Robinson to do some voice work as Elim M***a F****n Garak as your contact on the Detapa Council. Third story wise, considering how similar the Cardassian and Romulan situations are, there should be something extremely key to differentiate the story arcs between a Romulan and Cardassian character. Both were fascistic people with secret police who after they returned to Democracy have allied with the Federation to rebuild their prosperity while the old secret police refuse to let the imperial ways and the oppression die. The difference is that Cardassian while rebuilding from ruins is still intact, so there's no search for a new homeworld. So storywise a Cardassian faction needs something big to set it apart.

Most of all I'm extremely happy that they're going to bring the Federation story arc up to snuff, including continuing to remaster episodes. And I assume that applies to the Klingon stories that weren't in this expansion. And three cheers for reinventing Starfleet ship interiors.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"

Last edited by captaind3; 05-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Lieutenant
# 49
05-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
I think any Cardassian Union faction should be at least two seasons down the line and second, should hinge on them being able to grab Andrew Robinson to do some voice work as Elim M***a F****n Garak as your contact on the Detapa Council.
Agree it should be a Cardassian faction should be about 18 months away very minimum a year. If its happens , can expand then on a four faction system which is more stable than a 3. though we know 2 would be Demi-factions.

As for the Grabbing Andrew Robinson , yes yes and more yes !!! for a start he (as Garak)is meant to be something high up in the current Cardassian government so there for could be the guy we report to. But mainly because ye is a total ****ing LEGEND!!! and Garak is one of the best none main characters ever , and the best DS9 character !!!
Ensign
# 50 Gorn Update(Texture and Look)
05-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Hello,

Me and some of my Fleet friends have requested that you change the Gorn. What I mean by this is that you change the Current Gorns appearance to something different. The problem we have is that they look like miniature Godzilla's, and that really does feels as if the Gorn were supposed to be represented in the Star Trek Universe.

Me and my friends propose that the current Gorn be changed back to the old looking (Before the Season 4 update).

I spoke to Star Trek Online via the Twitter page and I recommend that f you did not have the Template for the old Gorn. There is a NPC that still uses the Old Gorn Templat. The NPC is located In the Shipyard above Quo-nos, He repairs the Ships for when they are damaged in combat.

I recommended using that Gorns' Template to figure something out.

The Second option that we came up with was that you could base your design or use the New Gorn Appearance from the Star Trek 2013 video game. The Gorn depicted there are more grittier and seem more believable to be Gorn.

I was sent here by the Star Trek Online Twitter to speak to someone or to post about this because I think this is a great new option and that it will hopefully lead to many more updates of other things.

Such as more grittier and unique looking ships, may be based on like a similar design to the New JJ Abrams movies, or at least an option to play as these new intake of Ships and Characters.

I hope that you take this as an request and will looking into this as much as you can. It would be really gratifying that you would take such a request such as this.

Thanks for your Help.

From Olbricht.

Have A Good One.