Lt. Commander
# 1 Crashes On Start
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Well I have read alot of ATI graphics issues and well mine is an ATI 4800 HD series. I purchased via steam my pc is 2x what the game requires otherwise. Well let me start with what it does.
1. it launches a black screen appears
2. i get a single flicker then it un-fullscreens
3. then i get a black small window with a hourglass and i have to cntrl alt del it

Now here are the issues i seee possible. Im running on a 42 inch lcd screen via hdmi cable and other games i have had to add a prefix to make it recognize its widescreen at launch but not sure if this one needs to or what the command would be. Or its a graphics card compatibility issue either way i need help can anyone out there help me i already paid for lifetime sub and dont want it to go to waste.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepukaz
Well I have read alot of ATI graphics issues and well mine is an ATI 4800 HD series. I purchased via steam my pc is 2x what the game requires otherwise. Well let me start with what it does.
1. it launches a black screen appears
2. i get a single flicker then it un-fullscreens
3. then i get a black small window with a hourglass and i have to cntrl alt del it

Now here are the issues i seee possible. Im running on a 42 inch lcd screen via hdmi cable and other games i have had to add a prefix to make it recognize its widescreen at launch but not sure if this one needs to or what the command would be. Or its a graphics card compatibility issue either way i need help can anyone out there help me i already paid for lifetime sub and dont want it to go to waste.
Give us a little more detail on your PC, specifically a DXDiag report.

Also, are you sure your client's files are intact and up-to-date? Verify them by following this guide. If you're uncertain, delete your hogg files (Live/piggs folder) and run your launcher to download them again automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
DXDIAG as requested
http://pastebin.com/m2c87a354
sorry found the site after posting it here
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
and as far as is my client up to date and proper of the beta i have checked it and yes it is current. I have also installed ati catalyst 9.12
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepukaz
and as far as is my client up to date and proper of the beta i have checked it and yes it is current. I have also installed ati catalyst 9.12
Yup, 9.12 is latest last I checked a day ago.

As for your DXDiag, everything looks good in there. No obvious problems.

Since your system looks fine, I'd have to take a guess that you have a corrupted download/install. Can you verify your hogg files from that same thread I linked to about the DXDiag? Otherwise you can try another clean download and install from scratch (although I know that takes a LONG time).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
ok well i got it to work had to turn it to 800x600 display it wasnt wanting to do my current format now the sound doesnt work though any ideas
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2010, 01:22 PM
I am haveing crashes non stop since the downtime on 20 jan. Maybe i was lucky up till now, but didnt have most of the problems ive seen on boards.
Now, i can only stay in game for around 2 mins, then my computer hard locks, and requires me to hit the power. I have performance monitor up and running, temp never gets over 60C or so, not sure whats going on, but must be from today
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Same thing is happening to me. I know its a Beta, but if you can't even play the game for more than a minute or two, then it is impossible to test out...