Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
My Romulan is just tackling the DS9 episodes and I played "Of Bajor" basically straight after "A New Link" (there only one mission in between) without emptying my inventory. On Of Bajor I chose the "Contemplating Captains" part on the holodeck, where you fight and capture a simulated changeling. Unfortunately the end of the simulation not only deleted the holographic changeling but also the real one I captured in "A New Link". A bit annoying since you can exchange them for dilithium....

Ticket number: #1,725,018
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 2
06-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
My Romulan is just tackling the DS9 episodes and I played "Of Bajor" basically straight after "A New Link" (there only one mission in between) without emptying my inventory. On Of Bajor I chose the "Contemplating Captains" part on the holodeck, where you fight and capture a simulated changeling. Unfortunately the end of the simulation not only deleted the holographic changeling but also the real one I captured in "A New Link". A bit annoying since you can exchange them for dilithium....

Ticket number: #1,725,018
Go to the Security Officer at the centre of ESD and there is a Doff mission to hand in captured changlings.
Commander
# 3
06-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Unfortunately the end of the simulation not only deleted the holographic changeling but also the real one I captured in "A New Link". A bit annoying since you can exchange them for dilithium...
From section Notes in STO Wiki article Mission: "Of Bajor":

"Contemplating Captains has the player fight and defeat a holosim Changeling. Normally a player would click a button labeled "End Simulation" after collecting the Changeling in a sealed jar. Doing so results in the "Defeated Changeling" item disappearing. However clicking on the standard "Beam up" button will end the simulation and still give the player proper credit for finishing the simulation. This way a player can keep the defeated changeling after completing the mission."

Works everytime. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

# 4
06-30-2013, 12:41 AM
I just lost my "New Link" changeling after playing "Of Bajor" and I never did the changeling holodeck mission, I did one in the shuttle bay and one in space...

So, apparently you lose it from just doing a mission "Of Bajor" that has ties to another sub mission involving the defeated changeling.

This did not happen to me on my SF playthrough because I turned in the first one immediately after acquiring him.