Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Aim Mode/Walk function
01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
I have finally received a reply from the CSR on this bug..
I have also decided to share it with you all just to see if I am alone or not.
This is just a copy and paste of my ticket...

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

This is in regard to the Aim Mode As well as the Walk function.

I have noticed that when I go to another map I can no longer walk. instead I just stop. I had set the walk key bind to the mouse button 4. When I try to move forward whilst trying to walk either by the W key or by holding down both mouse buttons, I stop movement.

I have also noticed that once this starts to happen, I can no longer go into Aim Mode ( Default C key).

Whilst in Aim mode when I go to walk I walk Extremely slowly. Like I am in slow motion. Moving forward but in slow motion (Like you see in movies)
The only way I have found to fix this problem is to exit and restart the game.

If I never go off of the current map, say earth star base, it works fine, as soon as I go to space and then back to earth station, or any other ground map, Aim Mode/Walk Function stops to work properly.

*Wednessday 13, 2010*

Ok I continue to have these issues.. I have tried remapping to a keyboard command and still nothing. I have noticed that every so often (like now) I can not go into Aim Mode (default C ) I have tried to remap Aim Mode but with no avail.
This is of course AFTER I have left the first map. (I usually save in Earth Station)

I have also noticed that since the last patch, sometimes even when you start the game you can not go into Aim Mode/Walk Before you leave the map.
I do not know how these two are linked but they are linked.

As of this time the only way to get Aim Mode/Walk Function to work is to restart the whole game.
and not move to another map.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Have any of you all had any of these issues?

Xendoshi
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Same here. I sure hope they fix it before release.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Got the same problem. It's frustrating!!!

I'm on a ground mission and I just get taken out so quickly now. @@

EDIT: Even restarting isn't working for me. They all just stopped working. Very sucky!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
walk never works for me no matter what key i bind it to, but aim works in all missions except for the exploration missions in the clusters for me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasdaleern View Post
walk never works for me no matter what key i bind it to, but aim works in all missions except for the exploration missions in the clusters for me.
Oh Snap!! That's where I was doing missions when it happened to me! @@
Lt. Commander
# 6 So how do I???????
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi all.

So, how do I change back and forth from walking to running and in between in this game.

I can not figure it out - it is driving me crazy!!!

Please help me - TYVM, BFN, StarTrek777.......