Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 11
06-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I'd suggest getting the Peak health trait, the Tholian Tier I health bonus in reputation, a rare/very rare biochemist to decrease hypo/shield charge cooldowns, and consider grabbing Elite fleet shields with [ResB] (antiproton super-crit protection) from the fleet starbase. Players are dying much faster now because cryptic made it possible for tactical officers to get 31% base crit chance and 50%+ with buffs. Also, take advice from wdoc here in this thread. I fought him yesterday, he's still a very tanky engineer despite the LoR changes.



And that's why a full FES premade lost 30 to 4 against -FS- two days ago. Making statements like that about your own fleet is rather arrogant wouldn't you say? I will admit, your fleet has mastered the cloaknade, but what happens once that exploit gets fixed? For most of your fleet's tactical officers, that's all they know how to do.
As i recall team "wedge" won the poor FS sci got abandond to die over and over.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,890
# 12
06-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
As i recall team "wedge" won the poor FS sci got abandond to die over and over.
That's not what I heard from the -FS- team and the remains of the FES team running in assault the next match. Or are you saying both teams hallucinated the FES defeat?

Last edited by majortiraomega; 06-04-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 13
06-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
That's not what I heard from the -FS- team and the remains of the FES team running in assault the next match. Or are you saying both teams hallucinated the FES defeat?
we lost the arena then won the assault..

the teams were the same for both... with the addition of pugs for the shanty game.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 14
06-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
And that's why a full FES premade lost 30 to 4 against -FS- two days ago. Making statements like that about your own fleet is rather arrogant wouldn't you say? I will admit, your fleet has mastered the cloaknade, but what happens once that exploit gets fixed? For most of your fleet's tactical officers, that's all they know how to do.
I'm sorry what was that about the little FS guys dying to FES over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

You guys keep on forum challenging us but refuse to put a pure premade against FES becuase you know you will be stomped.

So please child, either get a premade together or leave.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 15
06-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
I'm sorry what was that about the little FS guys dying to FES over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

You guys keep on forum challenging us but refuse to put a pure premade against FES becuase you know you will be stomped.

So please child, either get a premade together or leave.
don't think omega is part of FS lol...

however we did get the "Fes is hackers" spam for awhile... game would of gone quicker if X didnt keep logging in and out.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,890
# 16
06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
I'm sorry what was that about the little FS guys dying to FES over and over?

You guys keep on forum challenging us but refuse to put a pure premade against FES becuase you know you will be stomped.

So please child, either get a premade together or leave.
I'm in ACME, not -FS-. Before joining ACME, I was actually in FES for six months, until a certain someone got upset when I mentioned that I teamed with -FS- from time to time. Oh the horror!

And that link you posted was quite a good game, all things considered. What's is "over and over" spam all about, I only died 12 times.

I don't think -FS- has anything to prove to FES. The group you consider to be your best lost most of the time to -FS- during your Mirror FES event several months ago. I was even in a few partial FES teams that fought partial -FS- teams. The vast majority of the time it was -FS- that won, not FES. And we are off topic now, sorry OP.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 06-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 17
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Maybe I should have asked about help in forum PvP instead of the actual game.

There's few enough threads about GPvP that they don't need to be caught up in braggadocios' arguments.



I will say that I've seen fewer Engineers using their toy kits. Is this because other kits are better at tanking or damage mitigation? Or is it because there have been items added that help kill toys?
Join Date: July 29 2008

Last edited by felderburg; 06-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,890
# 18
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Maybe I should have asked about help in forum PvP instead of the actual game.

There's few enough threads about GPvP that they don't need to be caught up in braggadocios' arguments.

I will say that I've seen fewer Engineers using their toy kits. Is this because other kits are better at tanking or damage mitigation? Or is it because there have been items added that help kill toys?
In order to use fabrication specialist effectively you need to have a decent player or two backing you, simply because of the danger of leaving your bunker, even to pursue a fleeing enemy. If you can get a fabrication specialist away from his pets/generators, he is easy pickings for anyone, including a combat medic. There is also the matter of lag created by the plasma flamethrower on Mk IV turrets for everyone around them. And with tactical officer stacking +50% crit chance, it's difficult to block that with a kit deploying toys and puts you in animation lock. However, it's doable, I have seen One of Doc here use the fab kit for tanking to great effect. That combined with a liberal use of stasis pistol to all would be alpha strike tactical officers . And when the fabrication specialist engineer is on the heal/shield pad, it's almost impossible to one hit kill them when their shields are up, providing a great counter to a single cloaker.

However, there are multiple counters to the fab kit. Ambush + plasma grenade, the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle, Exothermic induction field, quantum mortars, engineering mines, and orbital strike are all great ways for clearing the bunker. That coupled with the strong risk of leaving your bunker makes Equipment Technician or Enemy Neutralization much more appealing. Not to mention weapon malfunction, the best engineering debuff in the game, isn't on the fabrication specialist kit. That debuff forces the enemy to either burn a power cell (putting hypos on cooldown) or sitting it out for 25 seconds. Also, did you notice cryptic buffed the minefield ability with Legacy of Romulus? You do not want to run though a minefield with a tactical officer anymore. You will be dead, or very close to dead.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 19
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I have seen One of Doc here use the fab kit for tanking to great effect.
So have I... pre-LoR. I was in a match with him once or twice since, and it seemed like he was using Equip. Tech. SO I was wondering if even one of the most prolific users of Fab wasn't using it, if it was worth it anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Also, did you notice cryptic buffed the minefield ability with Legacy of Romulus? You do not want to run though a minefield with a tactical officer anymore. You will be dead, or very close to dead.
I did not, since I've been leveling up Romulan and Klingon Tacs. But that is good to know.
Join Date: July 29 2008
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 20
06-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I use different kits based off of my team make up and the opposing sides team make up. The stasis pistol comes into play with the increasing threat of numerous chain cloakers.

Again, if you want friend me up in game and we can do some runs.
Doc of Hammer
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.