Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,070
# 111
07-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
bass ackwards.
leaving the constitution skin at t1/2 and replacing it with the exeter in the t5 line up would be more sensible than the sabre which is both t2 and has 2 fleet versions.
The components of the Connie refit and the Exeter are completely compatible. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that they are different in any way other than looks?
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The Constellation is made up primarily of Connie refit parts and it is tier 5, there is no logical reason whatsoever for the no tier 5/6 connie rule.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 874
# 112
07-05-2013, 08:29 PM
So

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

And

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 113
07-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
The components of the Connie refit and the Exeter are completely compatible. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that they are different in any way other than looks?
they are this way because the game is designed as such.
the exeter is an in game asset to be the modernised fersion of the (in canon) proven design.

all you are doing is begging the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 424
# 114
07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
CBS has said no. Until they change their mind, the answer is still no.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
# 115 I Miss the Connie Too
07-05-2013, 10:00 PM
I must admit that I miss the Connie as well... In addition to the fact that I have always loved the Original Series, which was much more exploration based and far less warlike then the rest of the series, it is one of the few prior period RP-able bridge views (all the rest are Klingon). Perhaps I wouldn't be as nostalgic if I could set the crews' uniforms but trying to play ST:TNG with everyone but my bridge officers in 'modern' uniforms kind of kills it for me.


P.S., I am aghast at the abject rudeness of some of the posts herein. The OP is simply asking for something reasonable in game. Granted its already been shot down by CBS, but it never hurts to ask (again and again) since that's likely the only way things will change. However, that shouldn't even matter. If he asked for flying unicorns with sprinkles for a contrail and rainbow array beams, its still no excuse for curt or uncivil responses... Let's try to be a little more Starfleet and a little less Klingon.


And... what the heck is up with the Join Dates? I've been playing since beta testing and been on the forums well prior to that!!!

Last edited by lordoftribbles; 07-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
# 116
07-05-2013, 10:28 PM
While I do understand the general idea of 'I want a modern ship that looks just like the Constitution class' I have to say it would be kind of foolish to see the Federation taking weird requests such as that one while engaged in a war in I-already-forgot-how-many fronts and everything else that's going on.

By now I would expect Starfleet to be pretty much throwing officers into whatever piece of scrap they managed to weld an engine and a few turrets to and tell them to go out there and not die too fast. In space suits, because life support is too much of a luxury right now.

Now that's a ship that would convince me to go back to the blue side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 205
# 117
07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbiosadonzella View Post
While I do understand the general idea of 'I want a modern ship that looks just like the Constitution class' I have to say it would be kind of foolish to see the Federation taking weird requests such as that one while engaged in a war in I-already-forgot-how-many fronts and everything else that's going on.

By now I would expect Starfleet to be pretty much throwing officers into whatever piece of scrap they managed to weld an engine and a few turrets to and tell them to go out there and not die too fast. In space suits, because life support is too much of a luxury right now.

Now that's a ship that would convince me to go back to the blue side.
Sort of like this B-17E Flying Fortress known as "Old 666"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_666
Risa Beach Bum

Last edited by javaman1969; 07-06-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 205
# 118
07-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
they are this way because the game is designed as such.
the exeter is an in game asset to be the modernised fersion of the (in canon) proven design.

all you are doing is begging the question.
Exeter is a skin for the Cruiser Refit. It adds a second aft weapon slot that comes with a MkII photon torpedo, and a second sci console slot that comes equipped with the Ionized Gas Sensor Console. Of course if you really want to, you can always dress up your Cruiser Refit to look like a Movie Era Constitution and upgrade it with any component that falls into your hands as you play. as for myself, I like the Exeter skin. I put Vesper nacelles on mine.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Cruiser_Refit
Risa Beach Bum
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
# 119 USS Vengeance
08-25-2013, 10:41 AM
The USS Vengeance isn't a constitution class star ship it was classed as a Dreadnought in the movie and side to side with the Enterprise it dwarf it like a constitution class dwarf's a shuttle. It was one big scary looking ship. If one of these were implemented into the game do it as an event like the delta flier make people that want it work for it, I think it would be an awesome edition to admiral ranks ships.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 389
# 120
08-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately, they can never use the models for the USS Enterprise or the Vengeance from the new movies because they do not have to rights to do so. Unless they get those, we're stuck with the Constitution class and the Enterprise A refit.

However, I would love to see this ship become tier V someday!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:48 AM.