Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,817
# 21
06-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Is there some kind of pathology that makes people on forums blind?

It's a modern era starship that just looks like a steamship!

It's like the sub had a little brother same age as him that could kick his but because he was smaller and more maneuverable.

It's not a steamship anymore, it's a retrofit modern era defiant class starship that looks like a steamship!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Is there some kind of pathology that makes people on forums blind?

The design of the ship determines its potential. No matter how much technology is added to an old design, it can only reach a certain potential and that potential is a Tier 1 ship.

Exactly. Take WWI biplanes for example. Their designs are less than 100 years old and it doesn't matter how much modern technology you use to upgrade the designs, they will never be a match for a modern jet fighter.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,984
# 22
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Is there some kind of pathology that makes people on forums blind?

The design of the ship determines its potential. No matter how much technology is added to an old design, it can only reach a certain potential and that potential is a Tier 1 ship.
iowa class battleship,
50 years old, still one of the scariest things at sea.
and if they refit them with the THEL and railgun systems being developed, they will still be as scary 50 years from how.

comparing barely conceptualised of ww1 aircraft, to a matured tech continuind development is fallacious at best.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 246
# 23
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
PWE is the publisher: they advertise, handle money and setup the deals n specials.

CBS owns the Star Trek license, talk to them.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 462
# 24
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Exactly. Take WWI biplanes for example. Their designs are less than 100 years old and it doesn't matter how much modern technology you use to upgrade the designs, they will never be a match for a modern jet fighter.
This argument would carry some weight if it wasn't already contradicted in-game. But since the B'Rel, D'Kyr and Kumari are all Tier-5 compatible, this argument has already been disproven.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,817
# 25
06-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
iowa class battleship,
50 years old, still one of the scariest things at sea.
and if they refit them with the THEL and railgun systems being developed, they will still be as scary 50 years from how.
The last two of the Iowa class battleships were decommissioned & stricken from the Naval Vessel Register in 2006 and were turned into museum ships.

Quote:
comparing barely conceptualised of ww1 aircraft, to a matured tech continuind development is fallacious at best.
Ah yes when you can't refute the facts get dismissive.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,817
# 26
06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
This argument would carry some weight if it wasn't already contradicted in-game. But since the B'Rel, D'Kyr and Kumari are all Tier-5 compatible, this argument has already been disproven.
The argument was only made as an intellectual exercise. CBS still says "No." and their opinion is the only one that matters as far as Cryptic is concerned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 184
# 27
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
No. The Constitution should never be on par with the Sovereign. It would be like a steamship destroying a nuclear sub.

As far as any of Abram's Star Trek stuff goes, it is currently off limits for STO due to licensing issues. I would like to have the Vengeance in the game, but it is not going to happen.
Why the hell not, we have Andorian Ships from 200 years ago destroying Wells Class Timeships from the 29th Century... How is that not stupid? Your argument is invalid.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,803
# 28
06-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
lol no thank you
Here here, and by no means do we *need* it, the game will live in without it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 393
# 29
06-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I dislike replying to these threads, as it feels like a necro post. But, I feel I HAVE to correct it.

Quote:
But since the B'Rel, D'Kyr and Kumari are all Tier-5 compatible

Quote:
The Andorian Kumari Escort line is named in honor of the first Andorian Battle Cruiser, the Kumari, captained by Commander Thy'lek Shran in the 2150s. This modern Andorian ship uses a similar design to Shran's Kumari, but comes equipped with the latest developments in Federation technology.

Quote:
named in honor
uses a similar design
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,803
# 30
06-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingwarbird View Post
Why the hell not, we have Andorian Ships from 200 years ago destroying Wells Class Timeships from the 29th Century... How is that not stupid? Your argument is invalid.
Like its been said, those 29th century ships have been stripped of all of their useful tech...they're nothing more than a shell.

I suppose with these kind of arguments, why would Starfleet want to work with shells they abandoned centuries ago when they have fancy ships from the future?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.