Lt. Commander
# 11
06-02-2013, 01:58 AM
It was worth a try with the constitution but still I feel like they did something illegal censoring that awesome video lol...it was too funny
Captain
# 12
06-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefortress View Post
No ...no one found it offensive and it isn't copyrighted otherwise the thousands of hitler rants out there on youtube would have been taken down as well lol... it was funny as hell mate
I can log into you tube right now and find 20 videos infringing on copyrights on my front page. lol

Things get removed when the holders of the copyrights complain. The fact that creators the Hitler rant don't push there rights doesn't mean Cryptics legal department would be ok with links to material that obviously belongs to someone and was used with out permission.

About the only copyrighted material I have ever seen NOT get edited by the mods... are videos featuring copyrighted Star Trek material. However seeing as that can be considered fan art and Cryptic has a Licence and relationship with CBS... Cryptic legal department may very well have a written agreement with CBS to allow those types of things here.

Bottom line if I was one of Cryptics Legal dudes... I would ask them to be vigilant in removing links to anything that is copyrighted. Then again I would want to get paid so I might neglect to tell them that. I can be a bit evil that way. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I can log into you tube right now and find 20 videos infringing on copyrights on my front page. lol

Things get removed when the holders of the copyrights complain. The fact that creators the Hitler rant don't push there rights doesn't mean Cryptics legal department would be ok with links to material that obviously belongs to someone and was used with out permission.

About the only copyrighted material I have ever seen NOT get edited by the mods... are videos featuring copyrighted Star Trek material. However seeing as that can be considered fan art and Cryptic has a Licence and relationship with CBS... Cryptic legal department may very well have a written agreement with CBS to allow those types of things here.

Bottom line if I was one of Cryptics Legal dudes... I would ask them to be vigilant in removing links to anything that is copyrighted. Then again I would want to get paid so I might neglect to tell them that. I can be a bit evil that way. lol
LOL fair enough ^_^
Captain
# 14
06-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Quote:
LOL fair enough ^_^
Does sound like it was funny though... in fact I think its been posted somewhere here before hasn't it. lmao
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Republic Veteran
# 15
06-02-2013, 02:25 AM
When it comes to the forums and free speech, it's as if the President was Cardassian or something....it's in the best interest of the people, and for your own good, don't worry.

Career Officer
# 16
06-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
"This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes"

Talk about breaking the First Amendment - Freedom of speech!

While every user on this forum has to abide by the rules and policy of this forum, the policy of this forum have to abide by the constitution which include the freedom of speech! I know this because Perfect World Entertainment headquarters is located in Redwood City, California, United States of America.
If I had a dollar every time I saw someone (mistakenly) post about their 1st Amendment Rights on a private (MMO) forum......I'd have a lot of dollars!
Ensign
# 17
06-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox976 View Post
For instance if you walked into my house and started to insult me, I would be well within my rights to tell you to shut up and get out...
I'm pretty sure if that scenario happens, being told to shut up and get out would be the least of their concerns....especially in my house. Impending dental work would probably be a higher priority.