Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Career Officer
Most of the Borg gear we used to acquire the tedious way has been assigned as an Omega Rep requisition project.

But so far, there is still one item missing:
Borg Medical Analyzer

Is there some reason why this item has been overlooked?

From what I've heard, the drop rate on this item is even lower then it was before.

So shouldn't it be logical to designate it as a Requisition Project and remove it from the drop table?
Career Officer
# 2
06-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I could be way wrong here but i don't think it drops anymore period.

The kit itself isn't bound so they get posted to the exchange quite often; i have three myself

I would like to see this and a tactical/engineering variant added as well, then into the reputation system. ESPECIALLY with the current trend of uber-awesome kits w/ five abilities being added into the 'outposts' system
|William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-02-2013, 12:26 PM
It still dropped in Terradome. But people hardly play it so there's hardly any word on it. I'm sure it is still in the loot tables since the devs never touch that STF.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 4
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Where does it drop in Terradome?

But yes, you are right, Terradome was hardly popular before and it's even less so now.
The time invested in one single STF is frustrating, especially considering the others are much shorter by comparison now.

So I'm not surprised that if it drops there, it's not really being acquired.

I'm questioning the logic of moving a drop to an STF hardly anyone plays.
It's like they're trying to make you play it, knowing nobody really wants to!
Career Officer
# 5
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Probably because they're planning to completely re-do the kit mechanics, and don't want to introduce an item at a high cost that they know will be essentially removed from the game by that change.

Or they simply forgot.
Captain
# 6
06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Probably because they're planning to completely re-do the kit mechanics, and don't want to introduce an item at a high cost that they know will be essentially removed from the game by that change.

Or they simply forgot.
Most likely this. Once LoR is completely out of the way, I imagine this will be one of the things they start on.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 7
06-02-2013, 06:03 PM
If they add the Borg Medical Analyzer to Omega Reputation, then they need to add Engineering and Tactical equivalents.
Career Officer
# 8
06-02-2013, 10:37 PM
But MK12 Kits.

Personally, I like the idea they kept the Borg Medical Kit dropping in Terrordrome. Not only it fits classic MMO dungeon crawling with a chance to get the rare drop by killing the boss mob, but the rarity of the kit dropping in that mission gives a reason to do it.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 9
06-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Uh, yeah, STO isn't that kind of game anymore.

Otherwise they wouldn't have replaced the loot tables with Reputation Projects.

And nobody seriously does Terradome anyway.

EliteSTF has hardly any Terradome runs at all.
Whereas the other 8 STFS have plenty of runs.

That's a fair indication of how popular this STF is.

And besides, it's very predictable what will happen:

IF the kit should happen to drop, everyone will hit Need and the one player who genuinely needs it has an 80% chance of losing the kit to someone who is immediately going to run to Exchange and sell their prize.

Which might explain why nobody does it with a random group, they want to do it with friends who won't steal the kit.