Career Officer
# 11
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
cannon scatter volley, torpedo spread, and beams fire at will. problems solved.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 12
06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I love fighting these guys. Specially since I kept my Freeze gun from the Breen missions. That sucker really hits hard when they are not wearing suits. As for the ships, I had no problems yet. If they pop the web. I just hit full reverse or all stop. And shoot the web or wait it out.

I love a challenge, I'm not scare to die a couple of times in the process. Cause its a challenge to beat. Since it challenges your skills on the game and your character.
Commander
# 13
06-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Heck, if your patient enough, you can kill them with the fire extinguisher you get early on...
I send three purple diplomats on a simple gift exchange and they blow it...
I send three white bartenders on a three day wilderness training exercise and the crit it...
Career Officer
# 14
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Tholians are more annoying than a threat, they are more sciencey than other enemies, but its pretty ineffective. Any well build ship will not have an issue with them. As for them doing the same thing over and over, that has nothing to do with Tholians and everything to do with the game. All enemies do the same thing over and over again, the AI is very very basic, there is little to no varibility, everything is predictable, which is why elite STFs are a joke.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
2nd they starting to remove your weapons
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing
4rth now they start putting these caging spam

And they restart the same cycle over and over.

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.
Ok before the devs nerf Tholians because of your whinging I'll save them the time and make them easier for YOU... Without any special coding or hacks or cheating or wonderous powers I will do it with 2 words....

ENGINEERING TEAM

Your problem is now solved.....

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 16
06-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Sure-fire method of dealing with Tholian cages:

1: Shoot the bottom node.
2: Fly under the cage.
3: ...?
4: 'Splode some spiders!
Captain
# 17
06-02-2013, 11:48 PM
The only problem that i see with Tholian ships is that they proc way to much and need to be adjusted.Other then that there fine.
Commander
# 18
06-03-2013, 12:07 AM
I got 99 problems son, but a Thol ain't one.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-03-2013, 12:47 AM
The Tholians are great!
Captain
# 20
06-03-2013, 12:54 AM
If you shoot off one knot, you have an opening, I think. Never had problems with having systems taken offline, but I specced against it and I cycle E power to whatever all the time.

Can you use that singularity skill to warp out? Makes the whole gimmick against Romulans obsolete.