Career Officer
# 31
06-03-2013, 04:44 AM
If the OP thinks tholians are bad he'll loathe the ability spamming elachi in missions like defense of new romulus.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
06-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Tholians are easy to beat there are skills n powers to get around there procs if your to clueless to work it out ask on here on how to beat them meny will be more then happy to help.

but the way u gone about this post gets me to think nOOb and move on.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
06-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Your not actually forced to fight Tholians unless you want to, so instead of asking them to be removed why not just avoid them.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 34
06-03-2013, 09:31 AM
As Mr Spock would say, highly illogical, having earned all the tholian kill accolades, I'd say the Tholians are not a problem, in ground combat the only tholians you have to worry about are the captains who require some tactical thinking and strategy to deal with.

But on the whole, they are an interesting fight.

DS9 fan and proud
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
06-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeddude View Post
The most annoying thing about the Tholians is that the Red Matter Capacitor, despite saying "repairs all disabled subsystems" does not do so when their phased tetryon weapons proc on you.

But this is just yet another bug fix that cryptic will never get around to.
It's not just their proc, it's all sources of weapon subsystem damage. This "bug" mysteriously popped up in the very same tribble update before S6 that added Tholians.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-03-2013, 02:41 PM
If you don't like the Tholians, you'll LOVE the Elachi. Have never had such a frustrating fight than ones I have had with the Elachi. It made me long to fight Tholians.
Empire Veteran
# 37
06-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by postagepaid View Post
If the OP thinks tholians are bad he'll loathe the ability spamming elachi in missions like defense of new romulus.
Really? I did not have any problem with the Elachi. I mean sure they were kind of annoying but the worst thing they did was hug my ship too much. (I was stuck in the old big D at the time so that did not help)

Even the mission everyone is crying about where you have to defeat about 20 ships or something and this one super ship was not that bad. You just needed to fly it like you would a BoP. (Though I suppose not everyone knows how to do that...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
Tholians are easy to beat there are skills n powers to get around there procs if your to clueless to work it out ask on here on how to beat them meny will be more then happy to help.

but the way u gone about this post gets me to think nOOb and move on.
Skills... I hope you mean like literal skill not in-game skills because Power Insulators will NOT stop their proc from working 100% of the time. Nor would any of them get you free of their webs.

While I agree removing the Tholians is not a good option I do think that they should suffer the same resistance and science fail that we do. I mean why is our Science and Drain so heavily nerfed but theirs is fine? Besides the Borg and the Iconians no one should really be running around with ships that are so much more awesome than ours when we are flying the top of the line for our factions. (When you get it properly set up anyway)
Captain
# 38
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Really? I did not have any problem with the Elachi. I mean sure they were kind of annoying but the worst thing they did was hug my ship too much. (I was stuck in the old big D at the time so that did not help)

Even the mission everyone is crying about where you have to defeat about 20 ships or something and this one super ship was not that bad. You just needed to fly it like you would a BoP. (Though I suppose not everyone knows how to do that...)

Skills... I hope you mean like literal skill not in-game skills because Power Insulators will NOT stop their proc from working 100% of the time. Nor would any of them get you free of their webs.

While I agree removing the Tholians is not a good option I do think that they should suffer the same resistance and science fail that we do. I mean why is our Science and Drain so heavily nerfed but theirs is fine? Besides the Borg and the Iconians no one should really be running around with ships that are so much more awesome than ours when we are flying the top of the line for our factions. (When you get it properly set up anyway)
Yeah, I find it really funny that ya'll wanted access to the cloak/battlecloak. . .but now that you have pet Romulans, most of you can't see to figure out how to use the cloak properly. It's all about positioning and timing. Keep a close eye on where the heck the enemy NPC ships are in relation to your ship, and target carefully.

I look forward to eventually tangling with this dreaded menace people keep talking about. Maybe I'll do it on Elite. . .
Career Officer
# 39
06-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Fire at Will will clear webs/cages.
Captain
# 40
06-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Tholians are a real pain if you're not prepared for them. Just keep a sonic rifle or a FaW handy and you'll be fine.