Career Officer
# 61
06-22-2013, 03:58 PM
While fighting Tholians is extremely annoying and one of my top 3 most hated enemies to fight, I definitely don't think they should be removed from the game. They're a cool enemy and while they are annoying to fight, they're not overpowered.

Also, removing a lore enemy from the game due to gameplay reasons makes me have a sad.
Career Officer
# 62
06-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
2nd they starting to remove your weapons
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing
4rth now they start putting these caging spam

And they restart the same cycle over and over.

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.
No worse than the boring Borg - lets face it, what's the difference?

1 they shoot you
2 they drain your shields
3 they spam plasma over and over
4 and in the case of smaller Borg ships, they zoom off & act as if they're on steriods

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 63
06-22-2013, 11:16 PM
The Tholians are one of the most unique and iconic alien races introduced in the The Original Series. Removing Tholians from the game would be almost as bad as removing Vulcans, Romulans, or Klingons from the game. Only reason why it would not be as bad as the others is due to the fact that players have created characters from these races and not from Tholians.

Last edited by starkaos; 06-22-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Captain
# 64
06-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.

Yes, I agree that the Tholians are annoying, with their grab bag of dirty tricks and all.

But it just makes me that much more determined to kick their asses.
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Only thing I don't like about the Tholians is the disruption torpedo spam, and the fact that my thermionic torp launcher seems to be 10% as effective as theirs...it seems like every fleet action or red alert I get in with the Tholians is just them spamming torp spread 3 every 5 seconds with those damn torpedoes.

That having been said I do like them in game as they are one of the few enemy groups left that you can't rip through like tissue paper. Most of the other enemy NPCs in this game are a complete joke.
Empire Veteran
# 66
06-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
I'm guessing English isn't your first language. You might want to reconsider your use of the highlighted expression in the future.
Ensign
# 67
06-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Tholians are fun the is also a DOFF for it so you do a lot more damage to them i like Tholians
Commander
# 68
06-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:

1st they shoot you
Good lord... if this is a problem than Cryptic should delete every enemy type in game. You know fighting works that way, I shoot you, you shoot me.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 69
06-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
Good lord... if this is a problem than Cryptic should delete every enemy type in game. You know fighting works that way, I shoot you, you shoot me.
Nice one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Commander
# 70
06-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:

1st they shoot you

You forget 1 thing! They are soooo cute