Lt. Commander
# 1 Freezing
01-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I am experiencing freezing during gameplay. Mostly during battles, both space and ground. The game will freeze for a moment, and I will need to ctrl-alt-del to bring up the system menu, hit escape, and bring the game back up. The game seems to have been continuing (the sound still plays) but i can't do anything in game. My cursor also starts to be able to move across both of my monitors when this happens. I notice an almost screen refresh across both screens just before it decides to freeze.
I am running at GTX 260 with the latest 196.21 drivers. The drivers have seemed to fix most of my issues except this.
Lt. Commander
# 2 EXACTLY my problem
01-20-2010, 03:01 PM
I experience the same issue and it is most maddening. Nobody seems to be working on it, but i also remember experiencing it when i played Champions Online. And I dont know if it was ever fixed then and very surprised and saddened to see it pop up in this game. It may be a deal breaker for me if it cant be fixed. It plays perfectly except for these random freezes, that arent really crashes. It has to be something between the Nvidia drivers and however Cryptic makes games as i dont think ATI users have this particular issue. And it doesnt seem to be related to graphics setting or anything, it happens on low and it happens on max settings with the same frequency. Its not heat issues, not hardware issues (other than its seemingly always on nvidia cards). I have used 190 drivers, the most current release and everything in between with no luck. I am glad to see i am not alone and hopefully not enough alone they will put in a fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 08:56 PM
This is exactly the problem I am having. I thought it was a heat issue, but it is still doing it after added ventilation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 02:43 AM
Yep. Started happening to me right after installing that 700mb patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
I am also having this problem. I tried the 190.62 driver but then I couldn't even get the game to load. It just kept getting stuck at the log on screen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 03:55 AM
I was having the same issue. I checked my GPU temp, and found out it was happening as the temp was crossing 100. I enabled V-sinc, and underclocked my GPU a bit and the problem went away. I'm doing some things to improve airflow and will try resetting my GPU to defaults to see if I can do without the underclocking, but gameplay seems fine. I've got a GPS250, (underclocked to 700mhz I think).