Lt. Commander
# 21
01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I just installed the game, and that could explain why I crash every time the launcher tries to to download the patches.

The patch server dying, I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thraxxousai View Post
really wish the devs torlled more and answered us.
The problem with that is that you and every other flippin joe in the forums wants an answer. There's not enough Dev to go around. So would you rather them spend all day here typing to people, or in the server room fixing stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
The problem with that is that you and every other flippin joe in the forums wants an answer. There's not enough Dev to go around. So would you rather them spend all day here typing to people, or in the server room fixing stuff?
I want a Dev. Room Liaison!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I had the same problem here. I had just crashed and tried getting into the game again, but the Cryptic launcher just kept saying it's trying to update.

*Update* The launcher just started working again for me.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
yes this appears to have been fixed
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
nope. I'm still crashing as soon as the patch initiates.

I must have a different issue.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
i've been trying to get the game to launch since LAST thursday...my firewall is off, windows defender is off, i have no other security on the computer that will 'block' or keep me from connecting to the game. the dev mod coderanger continues to reply that i must have ports blocked in my firewall or there is some other internet security turned on...

IT IS ALL TURNED OFF...the cryptic autoupdater will come up but all it does is count the times it has tried to update...the ST downloader just sits there at 0% downloaded...

I tried the CO nettest and it says that it failed...i can ping the STO website...i can (and am) playing ********* with no problems...though i can see people telling me the two games are so totally different that is doesnt matter...

i am very frustrated...if anyone has any ideas, please let me know....i'll try just about anything....
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi

got a problem with the last version of the STO Launcher... Where is my engage button ???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4678065...in/dateposted/

scroll to the right isn't possible...

Never again STO ???