Captain
# 21
06-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
In order to diagnose this issue, we need to know the exact powers and weapons the player was using that originally posted these logs.

The "reroll crits" fix had to be applied to powers on a case-by-case basis, instead of being any sort of global Combat Evaluation update. So it's entirely possible that powers got missed during that update, due to the massive amount of data that needed to be manually altered.

Help us to help you.
Thanks for Popping By Bort - any news on when we new Romulans and KDF will be able to have a usefull cloak in PvP again? AKA - EpTA giving 250,000 stealthsight?

Cloak is totally useless - Virusdancer has actually done some very detailed math on the problem in some other threads.
Captain
# 22
06-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The build is in Post #16: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=16

To get the Cluster/Plasma Torp DoT chain crits, nothing special was done. The same could occur whether from cloak or without cloak.

I'm still trying to test the DPB3 on the Tric mines (I had no Crits during the CC, so I'll try it in Azure and Archer/etc).

As I mentioned in #17, running EWP1 produced chain crits (when it crit) on anything caught in the warp poo.

The guy's Critical Hit chance, btw, is 9.4% (+1.7% for Projectiles).
That might be it - In the last 2 hours I have fired off several 100'd Breens - Trans spreads and Trans mines and Trans mine spreads and noticed nothing unusual - both Npc's and player ships.

But none of the targets were in either Grav Well or Warp Plasma
Captain
# 23
06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
That might be it - In the last 2 hours I have fired off several 100'd Breens - Trans spreads and Trans mines and Trans mine spreads and noticed nothing unusual - both Npc's and player ships.

But none of the targets were in either Grav Well or Warp Plasma
When you say you notice nothing unusual...wonder if we're talking about the same thing here. Yes, getting targets grouped for what brought it to my attention doesn't happen that often (heh, Spheres and Raptors are zipping all over the place - Tholians are spamming all over the place - and well, things just pop pretty fast).

But if you fire a Cluster...it hits the target with all 10 mines. Do you get all crits, zero crits, or a mix of crits/hits?

It's unclear at this point now whether the Clusters were included in the change that each would have its own roll.

If you do a DPB3 of Trics, dropping 4 Trics - it was a case that if one of the 4 crit, they all crit. If you dropped EWP and it crit, then everything that got hit by EWP got hit by that DoT crit.

What I'm seeing is that Clusters are either all crit or zero crit. Plasma Torp DoTs are either all crit or zero crit. EWP is all crit or zero crit. I'm going to drop some DPB3 Trics on cubes/gates to see if it is all crit or zero crit.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 24
06-03-2013, 05:40 PM
And nope, DPB3 Trics aren't all crit or zero crit. Had 1 of 4, 2 of 4 crit...
Captain
# 25
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Thanks for Popping By Bort - any news on when we new Romulans and KDF will be able to have a usefull cloak in PvP again? AKA - EpTA giving 250,000 stealthsight?
salami just posted this for the June 3rd Tribble patch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Resolved an issue with Emergency Power to Auxiliary outperforming it's intended design.
Captain
# 26
06-04-2013, 05:09 PM
One of those things, where should each of these have been a separate CrtH roll?

[Combat (Self)] Your Destabilized Plasma Torpedo deals 90928 (68550) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Tholian Orb Weaver.
[Combat (Self)] Your Destabilized Plasma Torpedo deals 79477 (59917) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Tholian Widow.
[Combat (Self)] Your Destabilized Plasma Torpedo deals 60015 (63129) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you.

...cause maybe I would have gotten lucky with my roll.