Republic Veteran
# 1 PVP Thriller
06-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Doing a PVP yesterday we came across a pre-built thriller PVP Team.

This group had one player who shot and killed each member of our team one at time with no gaps between each kill.

Right before each kill you can see this one ship did transfer shields for 118 each tick .

Also running a parser we could see this one ship had 406 DPS for the entire match but did 789,000 damage total.

The logs that we copied and pasted out of the "Combat Log chat" we can see this one ship did very little damage under or around 1k four about five times not even enough to drop our shields. Killing each one us at a time with this low damage shots.

Weird pattern every time we blew we could see this one ship did Transfer Shield fours time doing 118 of healing.

To make it even more confusing the match results showed this one ship did the highest amount of DPS and over 500k of healing.

Our total team damage did not even equal 100k much less 500k, I did not think heals counted if you did not take any damage. (This one ship did not.) (please let me know if im wrong)

The other members showed up as having kills but none us saw them shooting very much or if any.

The combat logs recorded shots but there was no visuals during the game to indicate they fired any weapons.

Just wondering if anyone can help us understand the data we gathered with the DPS parser and the Chat Combat Logs.

If this is a new ability then how does a team do it and who has a guide.

I guess this is why they say PVP is broken if your team does no damage and can get shot 1-5 in row by one ship.
Captain
# 2
06-04-2013, 10:28 AM
thriller you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 3
06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Post the raw logs.
Lieutenant
# 4
06-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I think it may be one of those new hilariously overpowered romulan c-store consoles.

Either that, or its an exploit (probably both)

LoR messed with PvP pretty badly now that each team has cloakers, the romulan super consoles, the fed leech, and the new tholian rep passives (which basically make anything other than resilient shields a suicidal move thanks to the added bleedthrough)

Just stay away from PvP till cryptic gets their crap together and goes on a balancing pass after they've sold enough romulan ships.

Last edited by abyssinain; 06-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Or take the overwhelming evidence you posses and submit it to the Devs instead of trying the case in a court of opinions
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
sounds like your describing spike damage. it was strong enough front loaded damage that they didnt need to shoot very long to get a kill. that doesn't balloon up damage numbers because theres not a ton of time in their damage over time.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Produce the logs. Extraordinary claims require extraordinarily strong evidence.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Career Officer
# 8
06-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes7tvseries View Post
Doing a PVP yesterday we came across a pre-built thriller PVP Team.

This group had one player who shot and killed each member of our team one at time with no gaps between each kill.

Right before each kill you can see this one ship did transfer shields for 118 each tick .

Also running a parser we could see this one ship had 406 DPS for the entire match but did 789,000 damage total.

The logs that we copied and pasted out of the "Combat Log chat" we can see this one ship did very little damage under or around 1k four about five times not even enough to drop our shields. Killing each one us at a time with this low damage shots.

Weird pattern every time we blew we could see this one ship did Transfer Shield fours time doing 118 of healing.

To make it even more confusing the match results showed this one ship did the highest amount of DPS and over 500k of healing.

Our total team damage did not even equal 100k much less 500k, I did not think heals counted if you did not take any damage. (This one ship did not.) (please let me know if im wrong)

The other members showed up as having kills but none us saw them shooting very much or if any.

The combat logs recorded shots but there was no visuals during the game to indicate they fired any weapons.

Just wondering if anyone can help us understand the data we gathered with the DPS parser and the Chat Combat Logs.

If this is a new ability then how does a team do it and who has a guide.

I guess this is why they say PVP is broken if your team does no damage and can get shot 1-5 in row by one ship.

Assuming you had a five man team and assuming that this one player contributed most heavily to all the kills done, and assuming also it was a 15 kill arena match that his team won, those numbers would be reasonable.

He's just efficient. Like these feds. They were efficient too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azU7d4kZoUY

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Career Officer
# 9
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Assuming you had a five man team and assuming that this one player contributed most heavily to all the kills done, and assuming also it was a 15 kill arena match that his team won, those numbers would be reasonable.

That video was actually pretty informative and fun to watch!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post

staring in your videos isnt always a good thing lol. i changed that characters name a wile back now, though i do remember some quality matches back then. need to jump back in that fleet MVAM, and lay down the CPB on all these romulans.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus